Intervention may refer to:
- Interventionism (politics)
- Humanitarian intervention, an attempt to reduce suffering within a state through armed conflict
- Entente intervention in the Russian Civil War at 1918-1925
- Invasion or military offensive
- Intervention (counseling), an attempt to compel a subject to "get help" for an addiction or other problem
- Cognitive interventions, a set of techniques and therapies practiced in counseling
- Economic interventionism, when a central bank buys or sells foreign currencies in an attempt to adjust exchange rates
- Intervention (law), a legal procedure for a nonparty to enter an ongoing lawsuit
- Health intervention, an effort to promote good health behaviour or to prevent bad health behaviour
- Art intervention, an interaction with a previously existing artwork, audience, or venue/space
- The Ottaviani Intervention, a study written by Cardinals Alfredo Ottaviani and Antonio Bacci to Pope Paul VI concerning changes to the Catholic Mass
- Well intervention, a term for the maintenance and repair of oil and gas wells
- Another name for the Northern Territory National Emergency Response
- CheyTac Intervention, a long range sniper rifle
- Intervention (consulting), term used in the field of Organizational Development
- Northern Territory National Emergency Response, often referred to as "the intervention", changes to welfare provision introduced by the Australian government in 2007
Read more about Intervention: Popular Media
Other articles related to "intervention":
... Can an intervention save her from herself? Update Rachel's ex-boyfriend, Joseph "Joie" Minozzi was found dead in San Francisco on January 12th, 2012, of stab wounds to the torso ... After a relationship ended badly, Michelle turned to heroin and desperately needs an intervention ... Austin needs an intervention to become a sober dad and break his family's cycle of alcoholism ...
... Direct intervention Direct currency intervention is generally defined as foreign exchange transactions that are conducted by the monetary authority and aimed at influencing exchange rate ... Indirect intervention Indirect currency intervention is a policy that influences the exchange rate indirectly ...
... Currency intervention, also known as exchange rate intervention or foreign exchange market intervention, is the purchase or the sale of the currency on the exchange market by the fiscal ...
... Last Drinks The Impact of the Northern Territory Intervention is a 2008 Quarterly Essay by Australian journalist Paul Toohey ... Toohey critiques the Australian government’s intervention in remote indigenous communities in the Northern Territory, which began in 2007, and aimed to protect ...
... Intervention (TV series), a documentary series Intervention Canada, a spinoff of the US TV series ... Intervention" (Buffy episode), an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer "Intervention" (Convention), an annual Internet Culture convention held in ...
Famous quotes containing the word intervention:
“I was curious, I was avid to know only what I found more real than myself, that which allowed me to glimpse the thoughts of a great genius, or the force or grace of nature left to its own devices, without the intervention of man.”
—Marcel Proust (18711922)
“All of the assumptions once made about a parents role have been undercut by the specialists. The psychiatric specialists, the psychological specialists, the educational specialists, all have mystified child development. They have fostered the idea that understanding children and promoting their intellectual well-being is too complex for mothers and requires the intervention of experts.”
—Elaine Heffner (20th century)