- Impression (album), the soundtrack from the anime series Samurai Champloo
- Impressions (John Coltrane album), a 1963 album by jazz musician John Coltrane
- Impressions (composition), a jazz standard composed by John Coltrane
- Impressions (Laura Nyro album), the first compilation retrospective album by Laura Nyro
- Impressions (Mike Oldfield album), a 1980 compilation album by Mike Oldfield released
- Impressions (Mal Waldron album), a 1959 album by Mal Waldron
- Impressions (Chris Botti album), the 2012 album by trumpeter Chris Botti
- The Impressions, a music group from Chicago
- The Impressions (album), a 1963 album
- Impressions chronology, a listing of The Impressions members from their formation to present
Read more about this topic: Impression
Other articles related to "music":
... Nairobi is the centre of the Kenyan music scene ... The genre is a fusion of jazz and Luo music forms ... the prominent centre for East and Central African music ...
... Composer Joseph LoDuca wrote the theme music and incidental music, and co-wrote the lyrics for the songs in "The Bitter Suite" ... The theme music was developed from the traditional Bulgarian folk song "Kaval sviri", sung by the Bulgarian State Television Female Vocal Choir ... Emmy nominations for LoDuca, who won the Emmy award for Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore) for the Season 5 episode Fallen Angel in ...
... the 1960s, the bass guitar has largely replaced the double bass in popular music as the bass instrument in the rhythm section ... by the bassist vary widely from one style of music to another, the bassist fulfills a similar role in most types of music anchoring the harmonic framework and laying down the beat ... The bass guitar is used in many styles of music including rock, metal, pop, punk rock, country, reggae, gospel, blues, and jazz ...
... Music therapy is an interpersonal process in which the therapist uses music and all of its facets—physical, emotional, mental, social, aesthetic, and spiritual—t ... In some instances, the client's needs are addressed directly through music in others they are addressed through the relationships that develop between the client and therapist ... Music therapy is used with individuals of all ages and with a variety of conditions, including psychiatric disorders, medical problems, physical handicaps, sensory impairments, developmental disabilities ...
Famous quotes containing the word music:
“His style is eminently colloquial, and no wonder it is strange to meet with in a book. It is not literary or classical; it has not the music of poetry, nor the pomp of philosophy, but the rhythms and cadences of conversation endlessly repeated.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“To know whether you are enjoying a piece of music or not you must see whether you find yourself looking at the advertisements of Pears soap at the end of the libretto.”
—Samuel Butler (18351902)
“The dignity of art probably appears most eminently with music since it does not have any material that needs to be discounted. Music is all form and content and elevates and ennobles everything that it expresses.”
—Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (17491832)