- 1901: Henry Leigh Townshend, of Caldecote Hall, Nuneaton
- 1902: Frederick Ernest Muntz, of Umberslade Hall, Birmingham
- 1903: Arthur Lucas Chance, of Great Alne House, Alcester
- 1904: Thomas Arthur Motion of Chadshunt, near Kineton
- 1905: Henry Herbert Coldwell Horsfall, of Penns Hall, Sutton Coldfield
- 1906: Sir William Jaffray of Skilts, near Studley
- 1907: James B. Dugdale, of Wroxall Abbey, Warwick
- 1908: Albert Cay of Woodside, Kenilworth
- 1909: Frederick James Shaw of Bourton Hall, near Rugby
- 1910: Lord Algernon Malcolm Arthur Percy, of Guys Cliffe, Warwick
- 1911: William Francis Stratford Dugdale, FSA, of Merevale Hall, Atherstone
- 1912: Sir Walter Newton Fisher, of Lawnfield, Edgbaston, Birmingham
- 1913: Captain Sir Francis Ernest Waller, 4th Baronet
- 1914: Colonel William FitzThomas Wyley
- 1915: Thomas Owen Lloyd of The Priory, Warwick
- 1916: John Arthur James of Coton House, Churchover
- 1917: Andrew Richard Motion of Upton House, Banbury
- 1918: George Frederick Jackson of Springfield House, Knowle
- 1919: Hon. Edmund William Parker of Westfield House, near Rugby
- 1920: James Rollason of Hampton Manor, Hampton in Arden
- 1921: Sir Gerald Francis Stewkley Shuckburgh Bt of Shuckburgh Hall
- 1922: Colonel Herbert Hall Mullinger of Clifton Court, Rugby
- 1923: Ludford Charles Docker of Alveston Leys, near Stratford on Avon
- 1924: Robert Darley Guiness of Wootton Hall, Warwickshire, Wootton Wawen
- 1925: Lt Col. James Henry Coldwell-Horsfall of Northumberland House, Leamington Spa
- 1926: Charles Ivor Phipson Smith-Ryland of Barford Hill.
- 1927: John Alfred Watson of Chadwick Manor, Knowle.
- 1928: Capt. Gerald Douglas E. Muntz, DL, JP of Umberslade Hall
- 1929: Major A. W. Huntington of Wellesbourne House.
- 1930: Brig.-Gen. E. A. Wiggin, DSO of Greys Mallory, near Warwick.
- 1931: Geoffrey Bird of Blythe Hall, Widney Manor.
- 1932: John Davenport Siddeley, CBE FRAeS of Crackley Hall, Kenilworth
- 1933: Sir Charles Hyde, Baronet, OBE of The Moat, Berkswell
- 1934: Lt. Colonel Charles Joshua Hirst Wheatley of Berkswell Hall
- 1935: Captn. Harold Stanley Cayzer of Dunchurch Lodge
- 1936: Frank Noel Horton of Idlicote House, Shipston on Stour
- 1937: Sir Samuel Hanson Rowbotham Kt. of Brooke Hill, Isle of Wight
- 1938: Graham Baron Ash of Packwood House, Hockley Heath
- 1939: Sir Frederick Charles Maitland Freake Bt. of the Old Manor House, Halford
- 1940: Sir John Bedford Burman Kt of Tibbington House, Edgbaston
- 1941: Lt.-Col. Graham Beauchamp Coxeter Rees Mogg of Clifford Manor
- 1942: Colonel Sir Charles Richard Henry Wiggin, 3rd Baronet, of Honington Hall, Shipston-on-Stour
- 1943: Captain Oliver Bird, MC of The Chase, Bentley Heath, Knowle
- 1944: Lt Col Cyril Davenport Siddeley of Crackley Hall, Kenilworth
- 1945: Sir Harry Vincent Kt. of Priory Dene, Edgbaston.
- 1946: Sir Ernest Robert Canning, JP, DL, of The Grey House, Handsworth
- 1947: Robert Grosvenor Perry of Barton House, Moreton in Marsh.
- 1948: Kenneth Macomb Chance of Radford Manor, near Leamington Spa.
- 1949: Philip Stanley Rendall of Bridge House, Hunningham
- 1950: Colonel Reginald John Cash, CBE MC TD, of Walcote, Blackdown, Leamington Spa
- 1951: Walford Hollier Turner, JP, of Holmwood, Somerset Road, Edgbaston
- 1952: Sir Edward William Salt, of Avon Hurst, Tiddington, Stratford-upon-Avon
- 1953: Lt.-Col. Gerard Thomas S. Horton, MC
- 1954: Brigadier Ralph Charles Matthews of Toft House, Dunchurch, near Rugby
- 1955: George Tom Mills of Park House, Park Hill, Kenilworth
- 1956: Major George Frederick D. Wade, CBE
- 1957: Lt.-Col. George John Walford Turner, MC, TD, JP, DL, of Westfield Road, Edgbaston
- 1958: John Charles Burman, DL, JP, of Packwood Hall, Hockley Heath, Solihull
- 1959: Major John Walter Mills of Kenilworth Road, Coventry
- 1960: Edward George Walpole-Brown of Halford Manor, Shipston-on-Stour
- 1961: John Ludford Docker of Alveston Hill Farm near Stratford upon Avon
- 1962: Lieut.-Colonel John Bernard Challen of Kington Grange, Claverdon, Warwick
- 1963: Arthur Chamberlain, of Wellington Road, Edgbaston
- 1964: William Michael Maddocks of Kenilworth Road, Coventry
- 1965: Sir Charles Gerald Stewkley Shuckburgh, 12th Baronet, TD, of Shuckburgh Hall, Daventry
- 1966: Victor William Oubridge, of Wasperton House, Warwick
- 1967: Charles Mortimer Tollemache Smith-Ryland, of Sherbourne Park, Warwick
- 1968: Frederick Devereux Muntz, of The Leasowes, Tanworth-in-Arden
- 1969: Hugh Kenrick, MA, of Farquhar Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham
- 1970: Captain Francis Humphrey Maurice FitzRoy Newdegate, of Arbury Hall, Nuneaton
- 1971: Captain Sir William Stratford Dugdale, 2nd Baronet, MC, JP, DL, of Blyth Hall, Coleshill
- 1972: Eric Lionel Claridge, O.B.E. of Valleyfields,Offchurch, near Leamington Spa.
- 1973: Captain J. W. Alston-Roberts-West, of Alscot Park, Stratford-upon-Avon
- 1974: Captain Charles B. Fetherston-Dilke of Maxstoke Castle.
- 1975: Barry Gillitt
- 1976: Major Sir John H. Wiggin, MC, Baronet of Honington Hall, Shipston on Stour.
- 1977: Major Rupert B. Kettle
- 1978: The Hon. Henry Anthony Feilding of The Manor House, Pailton, Rugby
- 1979: George Ludford Docker of Alveston Hill, near Stratford upon Avon
- 1980: Joseph Fitzwilliam Carvell, of Oak Grange, Leamington Spa.
- 1981: Dennis Lowndes Flower, of Ilmington Manor, Shipston-on-Stour
- 1982: Martin Dunne, of Chadshunt, Kineton
- 1983: Robert Peter Richard Iliffe
- 1984: Hamish L. Gray-Cheape
- 1985: James Lionel Malin Graham of Gable House, Offchurch, Leamington Spa
- 1986: Christopher B. Holman
- 1987: Patrick Robert Doyne, of Woodlands, Idlicote, Shipston-on-Stour.
- 1988: Miss Elizabeth Creak
- 1989: David Colin Rutherford, of the Old Rectory, Ladbroke, Leamington Spa
- 1990: John Davenport Siddeley Ainscow
- 1991: Major Richard Patrick Gordon Dill
- 1992: Major Bristow Charles Bovill
- 1993: Donald Charles Wasdell
- 1994: Henry David Warriner
- 1995: Stephen Geoffrey Evans
- 1996: Major John Waddington Oakes
- 1997: The Hon. Lady Butler
- 1998: David John Barnes, Kington Grange, Claverdon
- 1999: Michael C. Fetherston-Dilke of Maxstoke Castle.
Read more about this topic: High Sheriff Of Warwickshire
Other articles related to "20th century, century":
... The latter half of the 20th century saw the expansion of the city due to a combination of rural-urban migration and the consolidation of surrounding districts into the Trujillo metropolitan ...
... January 8, 1902 – A train collision in the original Park Avenue tunnel kills 17 and injures 38 ... June 15, 1904 – The General Slocum, carrying 1300 to a picnic site on Long Island, catches fire while on the East River alongside Astoria, Queens ...
... increased from about 1.6 billion people in 1901 to 6.1 billion at the century's end ... that a significant driver of many of the problems of the 20th century was overpopulation ...
... In 1995, a Christian rock group, DC Talk, released an album titled Jesus Freak ... The song Jesus Freak from that album has since been covered by other Christian bands such as Chasing Victory and Newsboys, which features the former member of DC Talk Michael Tait ...
Famous quotes containing the word century:
“Last night I watched my brothers play,
The gentle and the reckless one,
In a field two yards away.
For half a century they were gone
Beyond the other side of care
To be among the peaceful dead.”
—Edwin Muir (18871959)