Halo was the sire of:
- Sunny's Halo - won 1983 Kentucky Derby
- Sunday Silence - won 1989 Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, Breeders' Cup Classic. The U.S. Racing Hall of Fame inductee is the most successful sire in the world by progeny earnings
- Devil's Bag - won Champagne Stakes, Laurel Futurity, voted 1983 U.S. Champion 2-Year-Old Colt
- Glorious Song - 1980 & 1981 Canadian Champion Older Female Horse, 1980 United States Champion Older Female Horse, 1980 Canadian Horse of the Year
- Saint Ballado - won 1992 Arlington Classic Stakes, sire of Saint Liam and Ashado
- Goodbye Halo - filly won six Grade I stakes, earned in excess of $1.7 million
- Jolie's Halo - won three Grade I stakes, equaled track record in winning the Philip H. Iselin Handicap, earned in excess of $1.2 million
- Lively One - won Grade I Swaps Stakes, earned in excess of $1.5 million
- Present Value - multiple stakes winner, earned in excess of $1.1 million
- Southern Halo - Leading Sire in Argentina for eleven years, sire of 170 stakes winners.
- Answer Lively - 1998 U.S. Champion 2-Year-Old Colt
- Ashado - Kentucky Oaks, Breeders' Cup Distaff winner, 2004 U.S. Champion 3-Yr-Old filly, 2005 U.S. Champion Older Female Horse
- Deep Impact - won 2005 Japanese Triple Crown, Japan Horse of the Year (2005, 2006)
- Devil His Due - multiple Grade I stakes winner, earned in excess of $3.9 million
- Heart's Cry - won the Dubai Sheema Classic and Arima Kinen
- Saint Liam - won Breeders' Cup Classic, 2005 U.S. Horse of the Year
- Taiki Shuttle - 1998 Japan Horse of the Year
- Zenno Rob Roy - Multiple Grade I winner, 2004 Japan Horse of the Year
- Coup de Genie - multiple Group I winner, 1993 Champion 2-Year-Old Filly in France
- Machiavellian - 1989 Champion 2-Year-Old Colt in France
- Pine Bluff - winner of the 1992 Arkansas Derby and Preakness Stakes
- Rahy - sired Champions Fantastic Light, Serena's Song and was the Leading broodmare sire in Great Britain & Ireland
- Singspiel - won Canadian International Stakes and Japan Cup (1996), Dubai World Cup (1997). Voted 1996 U.S. Champion Male Turf Horse
Read more about this topic: Halo (horse)
Other articles related to "offspring, brood, progeny":
... The Offspring Collection is a box set containing four discs from American punk rock band The Offspring ... It also includes an Offspring sticker, and a "31" temporary tattoo, as well as an XL T-shirt that has "Pretty fly" on the front with a small cartoon character and "O ... It is not an official release by The Offspring ...
... "Smash and Grab Part 4" "Built for Speed" "Self Esteem" "The Final Battle" The Offspring Dexter Holland Greg K ... Noodles Pete Parada James Lilja Doug Thompson Jim Benton Ron Welty Atom Willard Studio albums The Offspring Ignition Smash Ixnay on the Hombre Americana Conspiracy of One Splinter Rise and Fall ...
In biology, offspring is the product of reproduction, of a new organism produced by one or more parents.
Collective offspring may be known as a brood or progeny in a more general way. This can refer to a set of simultaneous offspring, such as the chicks hatched from one clutch of eggs, or to all the offspring, as with the honeybee.
Human offspring (descendants) are referred to as children (without reference to age, thus one can refer to a parent's "minor children" or "adult children" or "infant children" or "teenage children"); male children are sons and female children are daughters. See kinship and descent. Offspring can occur after mating or after Artificial Insemination
... isolated, meaning that while they may interbreed, the offspring cannot reproduce ... with one another in nature and to produce viable offspring, but cannot produce viable, fertile offspring with members of other species." Mayr, a proponent of allopatric ...
Famous quotes containing the word offspring:
“Stay-at-home mothers, . . . their self-esteem constantly assaulted, . . . are ever more fervently concerned that their offspring turn out better so they wont have to stoop to say I told you so. Working mothers, . . . their self-esteem corroded by guilt, . . . are praying their kids turn out functional so they can stop being defensive and apologetic and instead assert See? I did do it all.”
—Melinda M. Marshall (20th century)
“Bodily offspring I do not leave, but mental offspring I do. Well, my books do not have to be sent to school and college, and then insist on going into the church, or take to drinking, or marry their mothers maid.”
—Samuel Butler (18351902)
Their witless offspring flock like piped rats to its siren
Crescendo, and agape on the crumbling ridge
Stand in a row and learn.”
—William Stanley Merwin (b. 1927)