Halim or Haleem (حليم) is an Arabic adjective meaning gentle, forbearing, mild, patient, understanding, indulgent, slow to anger, "what we call a civilized man". In Islam, Al-Halīm is one of the 99 names of God, with that meaning.
- Abdul Halim means servant of God, as thus described, and bearers of that name are listed on that page.
Halim is also used as an abbreviated version of Abdul Halim, or independently, as a name given to a male. Examples of that are:
- Halim Barakat, Syrian novelist
- Halim Benmabrouk, Algerian footballer
- Haleem Brohi, Pakistani author
- Haleem Chaudhri, Bengali cricketer
- Halim El-Dabh, American composer
- Halim El Roumi, Lebanese musician
- Halim Haryanto, American badminton player
- Halim Perdanakusuma, Indonesian aviator and national hero, after whom Halim Perdanakusuma International Airport is named
- Halim Medaci, Algerian footballer
- Said Halim Pasha, Ottoman Empire Grand Vizier
- Halim Saad, Malaysian businessman
- Halim Shah, Bangladeshi cricketer
Halim may also be a last name:
- Aamer Haleem, Canadian radio and television personality
- Helmy Halim, Egyptian filmmaker
- Mohammad Haleem, Pakistani judge
- Mustafa Ben Halim, ex-Prime Minister of Libya
- Rachman Halim, Indonesian businessman
Other articles related to "halim":
... Sheikh Abdel-Halim Mahmoud (Arabic الإمام الأكبر عبدالحليم محمود) (12 May 1910 – 17 October 2 ... Jumaada al-awal 1328 A.H ... Abdel-Halim Mahmoud is also remembered for reviving Sufism through his prolific writings and lectures on the matter ... "Abd al-Halim Mahmud (1910-1978) is remembered as the former rector of al-Azhar who wrote a great deal on Sufism ...
... Aziza Abdel-Halim is currently President of the Muslim Women's National Network Australia ... Abdel-Halim was a member of John Howard's 'Reference Group' to advise the government on issues pertaining to Muslims ...
... After this long development history, the Cicak Man films were produced by Norman Abdul Halim, Yusry Abdul Halim, Edry Abdul Halim John Lucas and distributed by KRU, Grand Brilliance Sdn Bhd, PT ... They both directed by director Yusry Abdul Halim ...
... Abdul Halim was involved in various activities, from the politics to education to sports ... Halim also made a contribution in the establishment of the Emergency Government of the Republic of Indonesia (PDRI) in Central Sumatra, together with ... As a doctor, Abdul Halim was the Director of RSUP (now Dr ...