- Human Nature and the Reconstruction of Social Order
- Women and the Evolution of World Politics, Foreign Affairs October 1998
- Immigrants and Family Values, The Immigration Reader 1998. ISBN 1-55786-916-2
- Social capital and civil society, paper prepared for delivery at the International Monetary Fund Conference on Second Generation Reforms, October 1, 1999
- The neoconservative moment, The National Interest, Summer 2004
- After neoconservatism, The New York Times Magazine, February 19, 2006
- Supporter's voice now turns on Bush, The New York Times Magazine, March 14, 2006
- Why shouldn't I change my mind?, Los Angeles Times, April 9, 2006
- The Fall of America, Inc. Newsweek, October 13, 2008
- The New Nationalism and the Strategic Architecture of Northeast Asia Asia Policy January 2007
- Left Out, The American Interest, January 2011
- The Future of History; Can Liberal Democracy Survive the Decline of the Middle Class?, Foreign Affairs, January/February 2012
Other articles related to "essays, essay":
... and later for the Nation he wrote philosophical essays on the lines of Mill, Darwin and Spencer ... Among his essays may be mentioned The Evolution of Self-Consciousness and two articles published in 1871 on the Genesis of Species ... His essays were collected and published by CE Norton in 1877, and his Letters were edited and privately printed at Cambridge, Massachusetts, in 1878 by James Bradley Thayer ...
... criture féminine Egalitarianism as a Revolt Against Nature and Other Essays Election promise Election Elective rights Enlightened self-interest Epic and Novel Eranos Ergatocracy ...
... Martha Rosler's essays have been published widely in catalogues, magazines, such as Artforum, Afterimage, Quaderns, and Grey Room, and edited collections, among them ... Her essay "In, around, and Afterthoughts (on documentary photography)" (1981 but widely cited, republished, and translated) has been credited with a great role in dismantling the ... Among them are Decoys and Disruptions Selected Essays 1975-2001 (MIT Press, 2004), the photo books Passionate Signals (Cantz, 2005), In the Place of the Public Airport Series (Ca ...
... Most of the essays previously appeared in The New Yorker, Harper's Magazine, Details, and Graywolf Forum ... In the introductory essay, "A Word About This Book," Franzen notes that the "underlying investigation in all these essays" is "the problem of preserving individuality and complexity ...
... Nineteenth Century Cities Essays In The New Urban History, coauthor, Yale (1969) Classic Essays On The Culture Of Cities, editor (1969), ISBN 0-13-135194-X The Uses of Disorder Personal Identity ...
Famous quotes containing the word essays:
“I have been reporting club meetings for four years and I am tired of hearing reviews of the books I was brought up on. I am tired of amateur performances at occasions announced to be for purposes either of enjoyment or improvement. I am tired of suffering under the pretense of acquiring culture. I am tired of hearing the word culture used so wantonly. I am tired of essays that let no guilty author escape quotation.”
—Josephine Woodward, U.S. author. As quoted in Everyone Was Brave, ch. 3, by William L. ONeill (1969)
“What are these essays but grotesque and monstrous bodies, pieced together of different members, without any definite shape, without any order, coherence, or proportion, except they be accidental?”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)
“If these Essays were worthy of being judged, it might fall out, in my opinion, that they would not find much favour, either with common and vulgar minds, or with uncommon and eminent ones: the former would not find enough in them, the latter would find too much; they might manage to live somewhere in the middle region.”
—Michel de Montaigne (15331592)