Fishers High School Athletics
Fishers participates in sports under IHSAA regulations and in IHSAA state rankings and tournaments. Currently, the school athletic directors are Jim Brown and Jon Miles.
School Athletic Awards
- The Fishers High School Football team won the 2010 IHSAA 5A State Championship.
- Fishers High school has won the Indiana High School Spirit Award for three years in a row in 2008, 2009, and 2010.
- The Fishers High School Cross Country team won the 2007 IHSAA State Championship.
- The Fishers High School Cross Country team placed 5th in 2008 IHSAA state.
- The Fishers High School Cross Country team placed 7th in 2006 IHSAA state.
- Competition Varsity Cheerleading won state in 2006.
- The Fishers hockey team, which includes members from both Fishers High School and Hamilton Southeastern High School, won runner-up in State for 2008 and won State in 2006, 2009, and 2010 for 5a.
- The Fishers High School Marching Tiger Band received a gold award at ISSMA regionals three years and a row and a gold two years in a row for ISSMA semi-state at Ben Davis High School. These are the highest accolades ever received by the marching band. The Band's drum line was one of a select group of high schools that performed with Madonna at the Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show.
- Competition JV Cheerleading won state in 2007.
- In 2007 the Fishers Wrestling team traveled to Toledo, OH to compete in the St. John Jesuit Invitation. The JV and Varsity teams both placed 2nd at the tournament.
- The Fishers High School Winter Pecussion Ensemble placed 1st in the IPA state pre-liminaries, and 4th in IPA state finals in 2008
- The Southeastern Rugby Club, which includes members from both Fishers High School and Hamilton Southeastern High School, won the Division II State title in 2008 with a 12-2 record. Throughout the main season, they were never scored on at home, and they went undefeated against other Division II teams.
Read more about this topic: Fishers High School
Other articles related to "high, school":
... April 1986 - The term high-temperature superconductor was first used to designate the new family of cuprate-perovskite ceramic materials discovered by Johannes ... Their discovery of the first high-temperature superconductor, LaBaCuO, with a transition temperature of 35 K, generated great excitement ... (HgBa2Ca2Cu3Ox), at 138 K and is held by a cuprate-perovskite material, possibly 164 K under high pressure ...
... Climate data for Yamagata City Month Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Year Record high °C (°F) 18.1 (64.6) 17.3 (63.1) 23.7 (74.7) 33.3 (91.9) 33.4 (92.1) 35.6 (96.1) 40.8 (105.4) 38.9 (102.0) 36.1 ...
... girls in a trend-setting clique at a fictional Ohio high school ... of whom are named Heather — rule the school through intimidation, contempt, and sex appeal ... office failure, but went on to become a cult classic, with high rentals and sales business ...
... a process commands that a computer card's voltage output be set high-low-high-low and so on at a rate of 1000 Hz ... The operating system may choose to adjust the scheduling of each transition (high-low or low-high) based on an internal clock ... the hardware actually transitioning the voltage from high to low or low to high ...
... High anxiety is a non-technical term referring to a state of extreme fear or apprehension ... It may also mean High Anxiety, a film by Mel Brooks "High Anxiety", a song performed by Brooks in the film High Anxiety (album), a 2003 album by Therapy? also a 1995 album by Pet Lamb "High Anxiety", a song on the A ...
Famous quotes containing the words school and/or high:
“The problem for the King is just how strict
The lack of liberty, the squeeze of the law
And discipline should be in school and state....”
—Robert Frost (18741963)
“If youre anxious for to shine in the high esthetic line as a man
of culture rare,
You must get up all the germs of the transcendental terms, and plant
You must lie upon the daisies and discourse in novel phrases of your
complicated state of mind,
The meaning doesnt matter if its only idle chatter of a
—Sir William Schwenck Gilbert (18361911)