Episcopal Diocese of Southwestern Virginia

Episcopal Diocese of Southwestern Virginia is the diocese of the Episcopal Church in the United States of America located in the southwest area of Virginia. It is in Province III (for the Middle Atlantic region). The diocese includes 56 parishes in the southwestern corner of Virginia, including the cities of Lynchburg and Roanoke. The diocesan offices are located at 1002 1st St. SW, Roanoke, VA 24016. The building, known as Evans House, was made possible by a gift from Lettie Pate Evans, then a member of St. Luke's Episcopal Church, Hot Springs, VA. The acronym that is commonly used within the diocese by parishioners is "DIOSWVA." Thus the diocesan website is www.dioswva.org and the phone number is 1-800-DIO-SWVA.

Read more about Episcopal Diocese Of Southwestern Virginia:  Creation of Diocese, Early History, Post-Revolutionary War Development, During The Civil War, In The Twentieth Century, Diocesan Bishops

Other articles related to "episcopal diocese of southwestern virginia, virginia, diocese":

Episcopal Diocese Of Southwestern Virginia - Diocesan Bishops
... Robert Carter Jett Jett, of Virginia Episcopal School, led the balloting and received the majority votes needed for election in the third ballot. 1920, he was consecrated as the first bishop of the diocese ... and missionary tradition of the Church in Virginia ...