- Andrea Friedman: actress who portrayed Corky's girlfriend Amanda in Life Goes On and Ellen in the Family Guy episode "Extra Large Medium".
- Stephane Ginnsz, actor (Duo)—In 1996 was first actor with Down syndrome in the lead part of a motion picture.
- Sandra Jensen was denied a heart-lung transplant by the Stanford University School of Medicine in California because she had Down syndrome. After pressure from disability rights activists, Stanford University School of Medicine administrators reversed their decision. In 1996, Jensen became the first person with Down syndrome to receive a heart-lung transplant.
- Tommy Jessop, British actor who starred with Nicholas Hoult in the BAFTA-nominated BBC drama Coming Down the Mountain. In 2012 he became the first actor with Down Syndrome to play Hamlet professionally, in a production by Blue Apple Theatre.
- Rene Moreno, subject of "Up Syndrome"—a documentary film about life with Down syndrome.
- Joey Moss, Edmonton Oilers locker room attendant.
- Pablo Pineda, Spanish actor who starred in the semi-autobiographical film Yo También and first student with Down syndrome in Europe to obtain a university degree.
- Isabella Pujols, adopted daughter of Los Angeles Angels first baseman Albert Pujols and inspiration for the Pujols Family Foundation.
- Paula Sage, Scottish film actress and Special Olympics netball athlete. Her role in the 2003 film AfterLife brought her a BAFTA Scotland award for best first time performance and Best Actress in the Bratislava International Film Festival, 2004.
- Judith Scott (May 1, 1943 – March 15, 2005) was a highly regarded American outsider sculptor and fiber artist, whose work features in a number of galleries.
Other articles related to "notable individuals":
... Sharon Valerii pointed out that given the (previously unknown) ability of Cylon raiders to "resurrect" like their humanoid counterparts, Scar's remarkable combat skill was likely due to having fought (and/or being destroyed by) Colonial pilots and learning from these previous encounters ... Valerii also suggested that due to the lack of a nearby Cylon Resurrection ship, Scar would be more difficult to beat, given its newly added fear of death ...
Famous quotes containing the words individuals and/or notable:
“Renunciation: that is the great fact we all, individuals and classes, have to learn. In trying to avoid it we bring misery to ourselves and others.”
—Beatrice Potter Webb (18581943)
“Every notable advance in technique or organization has to be paid for, and in most cases the debit is more or less equivalent to the credit. Except of course when its more than equivalent, as it has been with universal education, for example, or wireless, or these damned aeroplanes. In which case, of course, your progress is a step backwards and downwards.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)