Community of Practice
- A CoP, in contrast, is a group of people who are active practitioners.
- CoP participation is not appropriate for non-practitioners.
- The purpose of a CoP, as discussed above, is to provide a way for practitioners to share tips and best practices, ask questions of their colleagues, and provide support for each other.
- Membership is dependent on expertise - one should have at least some recent experience performing in the role or subject area of the CoP.
- Example: Someone who is interested in photography and has some background/training in it finds an online CoP for working photojournalists, who use it to discuss various aspects of their work. Since this community is focused on working photojournalists, it would not be appropriate for an amateur photographer to contribute to the CoP discussions there. Depending on the CoPs structure non-CoP members may have access to reading the discussions and accessing other materials of the community.
Read more about Community Of Practice: Actions To Cultivate A Successful Community of Practice
Other articles related to "community of practice, community, of practice, community of":
... See also Online participation What makes a community of practice succeed depends on the purpose and objective of the community as well as the interests and resources of the members ... be taken in order to cultivate communities of practice Design the community to evolve naturally - Because the nature of a Community of Practice is dynamic, in that the interests. 1) The core group who participate intensely in the community through discussions and projects ...
... of search experiences among users having similar interests, typically called a community of practice or community of interest, reduces the effort put in by a given user in retrieving the exact ... Collaborative search deployed within a community of practice deploys novel techniques for exploiting context during search by indexing and ranking search results based on the learned preferences of a community of ... to personalize result-lists to reflect the preferences of the community as a whole ...
Famous quotes containing the words practice and/or community:
“Communism to me is one-third practice and two-thirds explanation.”
—Will Rogers (18791935)
“when Mrs Kindhead comes to collect for the Community Chest
grab her and tell her There are unfavorable omens in the sky!
And when the mayor comes to get my vote tell him
When are you going to stop people killing whales!”
—Gregory Corso (b. 1930)