- Colorfulness, chroma, purity, or saturation: how "intense" or "concentrated" a color is. Technical definitions distinguish between colorfulness, chroma, and saturation as distinct perceptual attributes and include purity as a physical quantity. These terms, and others related to light and color are internationally agreed upon and published in the CIE Lighting Vocabulary. More readily available texts on colorimetry also define and explain these terms.
- Dichromatism: a phenomenon where the hue is dependent on concentration and/or thickness of the absorbing substance.
- Hue: the color's direction from white, for example in a color wheel or chromaticity diagram.
- Shade: a color made darker by adding black.
- Tint: a color made lighter by adding white.
- Value, brightness, lightness, or luminosity: how light or dark a color is.
Read more about this topic: Color
Other articles related to "additional terms, terms, term":
... The following is a list of less common cousin terms ... Term Definition Example Double cousin Double first cousins arise when two siblings of one family reproduce with two siblings of another family ... Maternal/Paternal cousin A term that specifies whether the individual is one's first cousin on the mother's side (maternal) or father's side (paternal) ...
... At common law, the terms of a purported acceptance must be the "mirror image" of the terms of the offer ... by a promissor to be legally bound by terms he specifies, made in a way that would lead a reasonable person in the promisee's position to understand that an acceptance is being sought and, if made, results in an ... that an offeror is the "master of his offer." A counteroffer is a new offer that varies the terms of the original offer ...
... The NRCoC are the principal terms of that contract between traveller and train operating company (TOC), which have been established by the Rail Settlement Plan ... Additional terms do apply to travellers, primarily from two sources For certain ticket types (such as those purchased at discount in advance),the TOCs concerned apply ... their ticket is valid, and so any such additional terms must be available for examination when buying a ticket ...
... press that the German had agreed terms with the Hungarian Football Federation to coach the Hungary national team ... Belgrade, in mid-April 2004, the row over terms of Matthäus' contract with Partizan was opened with both parties publicly going back and forth at each other ... interview to Serbian press in which he accused Partizan club leadership of breaching the additional terms of his contract ...
Famous quotes containing the words terms and/or additional:
“The only freedom I care about is the freedom to do right; the freedom to do wrong I am ready to part with on the cheapest terms to anyone who will take it of me.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley (182595)
“Dont you think Ive had enough excitement for one evening, without the additional thrill of a strange man making love to me?”
—John L. Balderston (18991954)