- Potato chips, a potato snack food (known in the UK and Ireland as crisps)
- Tortilla chips, a snack food made from corn
- Corn chips a snack food made from corn
- Chocolate chip, small chunks of chocolate, used for making chocolate-chip cookies, among other things
- Banana chips, deep fried or dried slices of banana
- Apple chips, a snack food made from sliced apples
- French fries, potato sticks cooked in oil (chips is the common name in the UK, Ireland and Australia where they tend to be thick cut, as in "Fish and chips". "French fries" is sometimes used for the thin cut variety.)
Read more about this topic: Chips
Other articles related to "food, foods":
... In industrial and food applications, radiation is used for sterilization of tools and equipment ... An emerging use in food production is the sterilization of food using food irradiation ... Food irradiation is the process of exposing food to ionizing radiation in order to destroy microorganisms, bacteria, viruses, or insects that might be present in the food ...
... The house-elves at Hogwarts amongst other duties provide all food to students and staff ... At meal times the food is magically transported up, giving the façade of appearing for the students ... The majority of the food prepared are traditional British dishes ...
... Fast food is the term given to food that can be prepared and served very quickly ... While any meal with low preparation time can be considered to be fast food, typically the term refers to food sold in a restaurant or store with preheated or precooked ... The term "fast food" was recognized in a dictionary by Merriam–Webster in 1951 ...
... Baking is a food cooking method using prolonged dry heat acting by convection, and not by thermal radiation, normally in an oven, but also in hot ashes, or on hot stones ... When the desired temperature is reached within the heating instrument, the food is placed inside and baked for a certain amount of time ... and pasta dishes such as lasagna, and various other foods, such as the pretzel ...
... Comfort food Fast food Junk food Natural food Organic food Slow food Whole food ...
Famous quotes containing the word food:
“The food of thy soul is light and space; feed it then on light and space. But the food of thy body is champagne and oysters; feed it then on champagne and oysters; and so shall it merit a joyful resurrection, if there is any to be.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)
“Now John wore clothing of camels hair with a leather belt around his waist, and his food was locusts and wild honey.”
—Bible: New Testament, Matthew 3:4.
“The female of the genus homo is economically dependent on the male. He is her food supply.”
—Charlotte Perkins Gilman (18601935)