- Casualty Actuarial Society, a professional society of actuaries in the United States
- Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing, a research center at Swinburne University in Australia
- Chinese Academy of Sciences, the national academy for the natural sciences of China
- Combined Associated Schools, an association of private schools in Sydney, Australia
- Court of Arbitration for Sport, an international arbitration body set up to settle disputes related to sports
- Children's Aid Society, a private charity in New York City
- Children's Aid Society (Canada), a Canadian government organization (province of Ontario)
- Christchurch Adventist School, a Seventh-day Adventist school in New Zealand
- Civil Aid Service, a Hong Kong Civil Aid agency
- Cinema Audio Society, an association of sound professionals in the Motion Picture and Television Industry
Read more about this topic: CAS
Other articles related to "institutions":
... While EDD has not been internationally defined, the USA PATRIOT Act dictates that institutions "shall establish appropriate, specific, and, where necessary, enhanced, due diligence policies, procedures ... are neither globally consistent nor prescriptive, financial institutions are at risk of being held to differing standards dependent upon their jurisdiction and ...
... Some of these institutions also have branches in other states of India ... Some of the notable Lingayat-run institutions include the JSS group of institutions, KLE Society, Siddaganga Education Society, Vishweshwar Sahakari ( Cooperative ) Bank, Pune ...
... educational system with state education institutions 9 pre-school institutions, 6 nursery schools, 1 primary school, 12 lower secondary schools, 9 secondary schools, 3 gymnasium, a youth ...
... Institute Network of African National Human Rights Institutions (NANHRI) Asia Pacific Forum of National Human Rights Institutions (APF) European Group of National Human Rights Institutions Network of ...
... AEMO was established by the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) and developed under the guidance of the Ministerial Council on Energy (MCE) ... AEMO is run by a skills-based board of nine non-Executive Directors and the Chief Executive Officer ...
Famous quotes containing the word institutions:
“Understanding the spirit of our institutions to aim at the elevation of man, I am opposed to whatever tends to degrade them.”
—Abraham Lincoln (18091865)
“Schools are generally feminine places, institutions where conformity is valued, taught largely by conformist women.”
—Judith M. Bardwick (b. 1933)
“The only justification for repressive institutions is material and cultural deficit. But such institutions, at certain stages of history, perpetuate and produce such a deficit, and even threaten human survival.”
—Noam Chomsky (b. 1928)