The recording has many features that are typical of the New Orleans style:
- the frontline of trumpet, clarinet and trombone and rhythm section comprising piano, banjo, double bass and drum kit
- the structure, derived from multi-thematic ragtime structures, with a transitional interlude leading to a new key
- collective improvisation ensemble sections, the main melody woven together with a counter-melody and the accompaniment
- the counter-melody relies upon scalar patterns and arpeggios
- the instrumental performance techniques such as the trombone counter-melody glissandos, sometimes known as "tailgating"
- the percussive "slapped" bass used to help keep time in the rhythm section.
Read more about this topic: Black Bottom Stomp
Other articles related to "technique, techniques":
... It is one of the first practical discussions of organ technique which differentiates organ technique from keyboard technique on other instruments ...
Technique may also refer to:
- The Techniques, a Jamaican rocksteady vocal group of the 1960s
- The Technique, the school newspaper of the Georgia Institute of Technology
- Technique, the yearbook of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Technique (album), a 1989 album by British rock group New Order
- Technique (band), British female synth pop band in the 1990s
- "Technique" (song), an instrumental song by Linkin Park on their Hybrid Theory EP
... This technique is more often applied to video subjected to instant replay, than to film ... A third technique that is becoming common using current computer software post-processing (with programs like Twixtor) is to fabricate digitally interpolated frames to smoothly transition between the ... Motion can be slowed further by combining techniques, interpolating between overcranked frames ...
... Surface caching is a computer graphics technique pioneered by John Carmack, first used in the computer game Quake, to apply lightmaps to level geometry ... Carmack's technique was to combine lighting information with surface textures in texture-space when primitives became visible (at the appropriate mipmap level), exploiting temporal coherence for ... rendering (and later pixel shaders) became more commonplace, the technique became less common, being replaced with screenspace combination of lightmaps in rendering hardware ...
... In addition to an economical variation on the funky Larry Graham-style slap-n'-pop technique, Clarke also uses downward thrusts of the entire right hand, striking two or ...
Famous quotes containing the word technique:
“I cannot think that espionage can be recommended as a technique for building an impressive civilisation. Its a louts game.”
—Rebecca West (18921983)
“Technique is the test of sincerity. If a thing isnt worth getting the technique to say, it is of inferior value.”
—Ezra Pound (18851972)
“Irony in writing is a technique for increasing reader self- approval.”
—Jessamyn West (19071984)