Associate may refer to:
- A business valuation concept.
- A title used by some companies instead of employee.
- A title used to signify an independent (often self-employed) person working as if directly employed by the company of which they are an associate. Such a person may be an associate of more than one company.
- Associate, to form an association or connection between two or more concepts in the mind or imagination.
- Conversely, to disassociate, is to disconnect those associations in your mind and distance yourself from certain thoughts or ideas.
- Associate, a person who has some dealings with another, possibly a friend. Often used for business partners.
- Associate, a person who is in league with the Mafia but is not treated as a full member, e.g. a corrupt official.
- Associate attorney, an employee lawyer in a traditional United States law firm.
- Associate Justice, a member of a judicial panel who is not the Chief Justice.
- Judge's associate: an assistant to a Judge in an Australian Court (akin to a Judge's clerk in an American court).
- Research associate
- Associate's degree, a two-year educational degree.
- Associate company, an accounting and business valuation concept.
- Associate (ring theory), a mathematical concept.
- Associate member Russian: член-корреспондент (chlen-korrespondent)
- The Associate, a 1996 film starring Whoopi Goldberg.
- The Associate (soundtrack), a 1996 original soundtrack album
- The Associate, a 2009 novel by John Grisham.
Other articles related to "associate":
... He was a Visiting Associate from 1971 to 1973, a Senior Research Associate from 1973 to 1981 and Distinguished Carnegie Senior Research Associate from 1981 to 1999 ... he became Distinguished Carnegie Senior Research Associate in Biology, Emeritus, at Caltech ...
... CCCUA offers both the Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, which can be credited toward the first two years of a four-year degree program ... The Associate of Science degree is offered for mathematics, science, computer science, or agriculture, of which 8–9 hours must be in a specific field ... CCCUA also offers the Associate of Arts Teaching degree in the Middle School area (language arts and math/science), an Associate of General Studies degree (for students ...
... Cloud Computing - Bachelor's Simulation and Game Programming - Associate's/Bachelor's Database Programming - Associate's/Bachelor's Electronics Engineering ...
... Barbara van Schewick – CIS Faculty Director Associate Professor of Law and (by courtesy) Electrical Engineering Elaine Adolfo - CIS Associate Director ... Ahrens – Associate Director, Fair Use Project Ryan Calo – Director for Privacy and Robotics ...
... old for-profit private college offering associate's and bachelor's degrees at 22 campuses in Minnesota, Illinois, North Dakota, Florida, and Wisconsin ... online classes leading to Bachelor of Science (BS), Associate of Applied Science (AAS), and Associate of Science (AS) degrees in career-focused areas ...
Famous quotes containing the word associate:
“If you associate enough with older people who do enjoy their lives, who are not stored away in any golden ghettos, you will gain a sense of continuity and of the possibility for a full life.”
—Margaret Mead (19011978)
“I know no other way to associate with great tasks than as play: as a sign of greatness, this is an essential presupposition.”
—Friedrich Nietzsche (18441900)
“Were headed for collapse, if you want my opinion, Missy. I can see it in the fallin off of the quality of vagrants. There was a time you could find real good company in almost any jungle youd pick, men who could talk, men whod read a book now and then; and now, what do you find, a lot of dirty little guttersnipes no decent tramp would want to associate with.
Well, its been that way all through history.”
—John Dos Passos (18961970)