Antenna array may refer to:
- Antenna array (electromagnetic) a group of isotropic radiators such that the currents running through them are of different amplitudes and phases
- Interferometric array of radio telescopes used in radio astronomy
- Phased array, also known as a smart antenna, an electronically steerable directional antenna typically used in Radar and in wireless communication systems, in view to achieve beamforming, multiple-input and multiple-output (MIMO) communication or space-time coding
- Directional array refers to multiple antennas arranged such that the superposition of the electromagnetic waves produce a predictable electromagnetic field.
- Watson-Watt / Adcock antenna array the Watson-Watt technique uses two Adcock antenna pairs to perform an amplitude comparison on the incoming signal.
Other articles related to "arrays, antenna array, antennas, antenna, array":
... Two radiating planar arrays assembled back-to-back and mounted on top of the fuselage in an active antenna array unit (AAAU) will provide 240 ... The AAAU is configured to compactly house 10 x 2 antenna array panels, 160 transmit receive 10 x 2 antenna array panels, 160 transmit receive multi-modules (TRMMs) dividers, beam forming units, beam ...
... Many antennas is a smart antenna technique which overcomes the performance limitation of single user multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) techniques ... communication, the maximum number of considered antennas for downlink is 2 and 4 to support 3GPP Long Term Evolution (LTE) and IMT Advanced requirements, respectively ... it is highly probable that the number of transmit antennas at the base station must be increased to 8–64 or more ...
... Many Antennas is a smart antenna technique, which overcomes the performance limitation of single user MIMO techniques ... In cellular communications, the number of the maximum considered antennas for downlink is 2 and 4 to support LTE and IMT-A requirements, respectively ... it is highly probable that the number of transmit antennas at the base station must be increased up to 8 ~ 64 or more ...
... The Rajendra is a high power, Passive electronically scanned array radar (PESA), with the ability able to guide up to 12 Akash SAMs against aircraft flying at low to medium altitudes ... FFTs, and variable pulse repetition frequency.The entire PESA antenna array can swivel 360 degrees on a rotating platform ... This allows the radar antenna to be rapidly repositioned, and even conduct all round surveillance ...
Famous quotes containing the word array:
“Any one who knows what the worth of family affection is among the lower classes, and who has seen the array of little portraits stuck over a labourers fireplace ... will perhaps feel with me that in counteracting the tendencies, social and industrial, which every day are sapping the healthier family affections, the sixpenny photograph is doing more for the poor than all the philanthropists in the world.”
—Macmillans Magazine (London, September 1871)