Algebraic may refer to any subject related to algebra in mathematics and related branches like algebraic number theory and algebraic topology. Notice that the word "algebra" has several meanings.
Algebraic may also refer to:
- Algebraic data type, a datatype in computer programming each of whose values is data from other datatypes wrapped in one of the constructors of the datatype
- Algebraic numbers, a complex number that is a root of a non-zero polynomial in one variable with integer coefficients
- Algebraic functions, functions satisfying certain polynomials
- Algebraic element, an element of a field extension which is a root of some polynomial over the base field
- Algebraic extension, a field extension such that every element is an algebraic element over the base field
- Algebraic definition, a definition in mathematical logic which is given using only equalities between terms
- Algebraic, the order of entering operations when using a calculator (contrast reverse Polish notation)
Other articles related to "algebraic":
... A "signomial" is an algebraic function of one or more independent variables ... It is perhaps most easily thought of as an algebraic extension of multi-dimensional polynomials—an extension that permits exponents to be arbitrary ... Peterson in their seminal joint work on general algebraic optimization—published in the late 1960s and early 1970s ...
... in the areas of abstract algebra and algebraic geometry studying linear algebraic groups, a semisimple algebraic group is a type of matrix group which behaves much like a semisimple Lie algebra or semisimple ring ...
... If the group of numbers in, such that is an algebraic point of, can be only generated by more than two elements over the field of rational numbers, then the ... group variety over the field of algebraic numbers ... but interesting cases × and ×, with elliptic curves over the field of algebraic numbers, results towards the generalized six exponential conjecture could be established by Aleksander Momot ...
... in Sonderburg, Denmark) is a German mathematician, known for his work in algebraic geometry ... for the Betti numbers of the Hilbert scheme of points on an algebraic surface Göttsche is also the author of a celebrated conjecture predicting the number of curves in ...
Famous quotes containing the word algebraic:
“I have no scheme about it,no designs on men at all; and, if I had, my mode would be to tempt them with the fruit, and not with the manure. To what end do I lead a simple life at all, pray? That I may teach others to simplify their lives?and so all our lives be simplified merely, like an algebraic formula? Or not, rather, that I may make use of the ground I have cleared, to live more worthily and profitably?”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)