Niacin is found in variety of foods, including liver, chicken, beef, fish, cereal, peanuts and legumes, and is also synthesized from tryptophan, an essential amino acid found in most forms of protein.
- liver, heart and kidney (9 – 15 mg niacin per 100 grams)
- chicken, chicken breast (6.5 mg)
- beef (5 – 6 mg)
- fish: tuna, salmon, halibut (2.5 – 13 mg)
- eggs (0.1 mg)
Fruits and vegetables:
- avocados (1 mg niacin per 100 grams)
- dates (2 mg)
- tomatoes (0.7 mg)
- leaf vegetables (0.3 - 0.4 mg)
- broccoli (0.6 mg)
- carrots (0.3 - 0.6 mg)
- sweet potatoes (0.5 - 0.6 mg)
- asparagus (0.4 mg)
- nuts (2 mg niacin per 100 grams)
- whole grain products (4 - 29.5 mg)
- legumes (0.4 – 16 mg)
- saltbush seeds
- mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms (3.5 – 4 mg niacin per 100 grams)
- brewer's yeast (36 mg)
- Monster Energy drink (40 mg per 16 ounces)
- Red Bull Energy Drink (28 mg per 12 ounces)
- Ovaltine (18 mg)
- Peanut butter (15 mg)
- Soy sauce (0.4 mg)
- Vegemite (from spent brewer's yeast) (110 mg niacin per 100 grams)
Read more about this topic: Akotin
Other articles related to "food sources, sources, foods, food, food source":
... soybeans, bran, and some whole grains are also good sources of magnesium ... Although many foods contain magnesium, it is usually found in low levels ... needs for magnesium are unlikely to be met by one serving of any single food ...
... It is assumed that there is only one artificial employed bee for each food source ... of employed bees in the colony is equal to the number of food sources around the hive ... Employed bees go to their food source and come back to hive and dance on this area ...
... Earthworms are a major source of food for Pollenia rudis ... The main species of earthworm that these cluster flies infect are Aporrectoda caliginosa, Aporrectoda chlorotica, Eisenia lucens, Lumbricus rubellus, and Lumbricus terrestris ...
Famous quotes containing the words sources and/or food:
“No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If were looking for the sources of our troubles, we shouldnt test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.”
—P.J. (Patrick Jake)
“Whoever has two coats must share with anyone who has none; and whoever has food must do likewise.”
—Bible: New Testament, Luke 3:11.
John the Baptist.