- The monumental statue of Vercingetorix, ordered by Napoleon III, built on site in Alesia.
- Apollo, Poetry, and Music, on Paris Opéra roof, between 1860–1869
- François-René de Chateaubriand, bronze statue, Saint Malo, 1875
- Cassandre se met sous la protection de Pallas, Jardin des Tuileries, 1877
- South America, one of six cast iron allegories of the continents, built for the Exposition Universelle (1878), currently on the square of the Musée d'Orsay
- Phidias at the Jardin du Luxembourg, Paris, 1887
Read more about this topic: Aimé Millet
Other articles related to "selected works":
... 1994 - Izabrana dela (Selected Works), PGP RTS 1998 - Zbrana dela 1 (Selected Works 1), Vinilmania 1998 - Zbrana dela 2 (Selected Works 2), Vinilmania ...
Famous quotes containing the words works and/or selected:
“The subterranean miner that works in us all, how can one tell whither leads his shaft by the ever shifting, muffled sound of his pick?”
—Herman Melville (18191891)
“She was so overcome by the splendor of his achievement that she took him into the closet and selected a choice apple and delivered it to him, along with an improving lecture upon the added value and flavor a treat took to itself when it came without sin through virtuous effort. And while she closed with a Scriptural flourish, he hooked a doughnut.”
—Mark Twain [Samuel Langhorne Clemens] (18351910)