World heavyweight championship may refer to:
- World heavyweight boxing championship (professional)
- World Colored Heavyweight Championship (early twentieth-century)
- World Heavyweight Championship (professional wrestling)
- List of early world heavyweight champions in professional wrestling
- AWA World Heavyweight Championship
- ECW World Heavyweight Championship
- NWA World Heavyweight Championship
- ROH World Championship
- TNA World Heavyweight Championship
- WCW World Heavyweight Championship
- WCW International World Heavyweight Championship
- World Heavyweight Championship (WWE)
- WWE Championship
- Mixed martial arts:
- List of UFC champions#Heavyweight Championship
- List of PRIDE champions#World Heavyweight Championship
- List of Shooto Champions#Heavyweight Championship
- List of Pancrase champions#Heavyweight Championship
- List of heavyweight boxing champions
- List of WBA world champions
- List of WBC world champions
The following world championships also have weight divisions:
Read more about World Heavyweight Championship: See Also
Other articles related to "world heavyweight, championship, world heavyweight championship, world, heavyweight championship, heavyweight, championships":
... The World Heavyweight Wrestling Championship was the first recognized professional wrestling world heavyweight championship created in 1905 to identify the best catch as catch can professional wrestler in the ... The first recognized World Heavyweight Champion was George Hackenschmidt, who officially won the championship on May 4, 1905 by defeating Tom Jenkins in New York City, New York, The championship ... Several of the championship reigns are also recognized by the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA) under the NWA World Heavyweight Championship's lineage ...
4, 1905 New York City, New York Live event Hackenscmidt won a world championship tournament to become the first champion ... He also won the European Greco-Roman Heavyweight Championship title from Tom Cannon on September 4, 1902 in Liverpool, England ... He won the recognition of being the World Heavyweight Champion on January 30, 1904 in London, England by defeating Ahmed Madrali ...
... moving up the ranks of TNA Wrestling, when, prior to his match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, he is approached by The Latin American Xchange, who tell him to throw the match ... LAX kidnaps Young and orders Suicide to go and win the TNA World Heavyweight Championship from Kurt Angle and then drop the title to Jeff Jarrett ... After regaining the World Heavyweight Championship Suicide remembers his past and finds out that it was Jarrett who called the hit on him ...
... month injury which had forced him to vacate the World Heavyweight Championship ... a Hell in a Cell match and cost The Undertaker his World Heavyweight Championship against champion Batista ... of the show, Vickie Guerrero, pretended to punish Edge by giving him a World Heavyweight Championship match against Batista, revealing that Edge and Guerrero were an on-screen couple ...
... Heavy Weight Champ, a heavy rock band from Perth, Australia "Heavyweight Champion of the World", a 2007 song by Reverend and The Makers CategoryWorld Weightlifting Championships ...
Famous quotes containing the word world:
“Ah! the best righteousness of our man-of-war world seems but an unrealized ideal, after all; and those maxims which, in the hope of bringing about a Millennium, we busily teach to the heathen, we Christians ourselves disregard.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)