Some articles on superior:
... to Tower Avenue in Superior, Wisc ... length and passes through Oliver, Town of Superior, and the city of Superior ... serves as an east–west arterial route between the city of Superior, Oliver, and the Gary-New Duluth neighborhood of Duluth ...
... of these specializations appear in the superior colliculus ... Thus, there is a strong case that the superior colliculus performs the same sorts of functions for the auditory-guided behaviors of bats that it performs for the visual-guided ... The visual receptive fields of neurons in the superior colliculus in these animals form a precise map of the retina, similar to that found in cats and primates ...
... westward at Red Cliff and follows the shore of Lake Superior, passing through Cornucopia, Herbster, and Port Wing, before entering Douglas County ... The highway ends at US 2 and US 53 southeast of Superior ...
... Micro and Acorn Electron home computers, published by Superior Software in 1989 ... It was released in an updated form for Microsoft Windows in 2005 by Superior Interactive ... While the game shares many elements made popular in earlier Superior arcade adventures such as Citadel, it has a unique feel due to the movement of the main character ...
... Francis Schinner, Bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Superior and Roman Catholic Diocese of Spokane Lewis B ...
More definitions of "superior":
- (noun): A town in northwest Wisconsin on Lake Superior across from Duluth.
- (adj): Having an orbit farther from the sun than the Earth's orbit.
Example: "Mars and Jupiter are the closest in of the superior planets"
- (adj): Of or characteristic of high rank or importance.
Example: "A superior officer"
- (adj): (sometimes followed by 'to') not subject to or influenced by.
Example: "Overcome by a superior opponent"; "trust magnates who felt themselves superior to law"
- (adj): Written or printed above and to one side of another character.
- (noun): The head of a religious community.
- (noun): The largest freshwater lake in the world; the deepest of the Great Lakes.
Synonyms: Lake Superior
- (adj): Of high or superior quality or performance.
Example: "Superior wisdom derived from experience"; "superior math students"
- (adj): (often followed by 'to') above being affected or influenced by.
Example: "He is superior to fear"; "an ignited firework proceeds superior to circumstances until its blazing vitality fades"
Famous quotes containing the word superior:
“To have more virtues than talents is to be a superior person; to have more talents than virtues is to be an inferior one.”
“We are superior to the joy we experience.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“A superior person desires truth more than he fears poverty.”