More definitions of "stool":
- (verb): Grow shoots in the form of stools or tillers.
- (verb): Lure with a stool, as of wild fowl.
- (noun): A simple seat without a back or arms.
- (noun): Solid excretory product evacuated from the bowels.
Synonyms: fecal matter, faecal matter, feces, faeces, BM, ordure, dejection
- (verb): React to a decoy, of wildfowl.
Famous quotes containing the word stool:
“Oh, to have a little house!
To own the hearth and stool and all!
The heaped-up sods upon the fire,
The pile of turf against the wall!”
—Padraic Colum (18811972)
“Most of us who turn to any subject we love remember some morning or evening hour when we got on a high stool to reach down an untried volume, or sat with parted lips listening to a new talker, or for very lack of books began to listen to the voices within, as the first traceable beginning of our love.”
—George Eliot [Mary Ann (or Marian)