Some articles on split:
... live demo) Giallo (1989, demo) Ultimo Mondo Cannibale (1990) Antefatto (1991, split 7" EP with Blood) Buio Omega (1991, 7" EP) Faceless (1991, 7" EP) Horror of the Zombies (1992) Primitives (199 ...
... Barcelona 4 Allan Clarke Leeds United 4 Jurica Jerković Hajduk Split 4 Wilhelm Kreuz Feyenoord 4 Peter Lorimer Leeds United 4 Hervé Revelli Saint-Étienne 4 Carles Rexach ...
... King of Hubcaps (1991) split with Fastbacks Knife Manual (1992) split with Mudhoney (You Stupid Asshole) on Empty Records (pressed on saw-shaped clear vinyl) Bad Guy Reaction (1992 ...
... The University of Split (Croatian Sveučilište u Splitu) is a university located in Split, Croatia ...
... Wijeweera and others decided in mid-1966 to launch a new party explicitly revolutionary in character ... They started from scratch, in contrast to the birth of most political parties in Sri Lanka, which broke off from other established parties ...
More definitions of "split":
- (adj): (especially of wood) cut or ripped longitudinally with the grain.
Example: "We bought split logs for the fireplace"
- (noun): (tenpin bowling) a divided formation of pins left standing after the first bowl.
Example: "He was winning until he got a split in the tenth frame"
- (noun): A bottle containing half the usual amount.
- (verb): Discontinue an association or relation; go different ways.
Example: "My friend and I split up"
Synonyms: separate, part, split up, break, break up
- (adj): Having been divided; having the unity destroyed.
Example: "A split group"
Synonyms: disconnected, disunited, fragmented
- (adj): Broken or burst apart longitudinally.
Example: "After the thunderstorm we found a tree with a split trunk"; "they tore big juicy chunks from the heart of the split watermelon"
- (noun): Extending the legs at right angles to the trunks (one in front and the other in back).
- (noun): Division of a group into opposing factions.
- (noun): An old Croatian city on the Adriatic Sea.
- (noun): A dessert of sliced fruit and ice cream covered with whipped cream and cherries and nuts.
- (noun): A promised or claimed share of loot or money.
Example: "He demanded his split before they disbanded"
- (noun): A lengthwise crack in wood.
Example: "He inserted the wedge into a split in the log"
- (adj): Having a long rip or tear.
Example: "A split lip"
- (adj): Being divided or separated.
Example: "Split between love and hate"
Famous quotes containing the word split:
“Let my hands find such symbols, that can be
Unnoticed in the casual light of day,
Lying in wait for half a century
To split chance lives across, that had not dreamed
Such coasts had echoed, or such seabirds screamed.”
—Philip Larkin (19221986)
“When I split an infinitive, God damn it, I split it so it will stay split.”
—Raymond Chandler (18881959)
“For four hundred years the blacks of Haiti had yearned for peace. for three hundred years the island was spoken of as a paradise of riches and pleasures, but that was in reference to the whites to whom the spirit of the land gave welcome. Haiti has meant split blood and tears for blacks.”
—Zora Neale Hurston (18911960)