More definitions of "rim":
- (verb): Roll around the rim of.
Example: "The ball rimmed the basket"
- (verb): Furnish with a rim.
Example: "Rim a hat"
- (noun): The outer part of a wheel to which the tire is attached.
- (noun): (basketball) the hoop from which the net is suspended.
Example: "The ball hit the rim and bounced off"
- (verb): Run around the rim of.
Example: "Sugar rimmed the dessert plate"
- (noun): A projection used for strength or for attaching to another object.
Famous quotes containing the word rim:
“Pushkins composition is first of all and above all a phenomenon of style, and it is from this flowered rim that I have surveyed its seep of Arcadian country, the serpentine gleam of its imported brooks, the miniature blizzards imprisoned in round crystal, and the many-hued levels of literary parody blending in the melting distance.”
—Vladimir Nabokov (18991977)
Main Site Subjects