More definitions of "paste":
- (noun): An adhesive made from water and flour or starch; used on paper and paperboard.
Synonyms: library paste
- (verb): Hit with the fists.
Example: "He pasted his opponent"
- (noun): A tasty mixture to be spread on bread or crackers.
- (noun): Any mixture of a soft and malleable consistency.
- (verb): Cover the surface of.
Example: "Paste the wall with burlap"
Famous quotes containing the word paste:
“In a thousand apparently humble ways men busy themselves to make some right take the place of some wrong,if it is only to make a better paste blacking,and they are themselves so much the better morally for it.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)