More definitions of "offset":
- (verb): Make up for.
Example: "His skills offset his opponent's superior strength"
Synonyms: cancel, set off
- (verb): Produce by offset printing.
Example: "Offset the conference proceedings"
- (noun): A horizontal branch from the base of plant that produces new plants from buds at its tips.
Synonyms: stolon, runner
- (verb): Cause (printed matter) to transfer or smear onto another surface.
- (noun): A compensating equivalent.
- (verb): Create an offset in.
Example: "Offset a wall"
- (noun): A plate makes an inked impression on a rubber-blanketed cylinder, which in turn transfers it to the paper.
Synonyms: offset printing
- (verb): Compensate for or counterbalance.
Example: "Offset deposits and withdrawals"