Some articles on good:
... Voice actor Race Class Alignment Description Aerie Kath Soucie Avariel Cleric/Mage 1 !Lawful Good Aerie lived in Faenya-Dail until she was captured by slavers and sold to the circus, where she was ... Imoen Melissa Disney Human Thief/Mage 2 !Neutral Good Troubled by torture inflicted upon her by the main antagonist Irenicus, Imoen loses some of her zeal from the ... Jackson Human Inquisitor 1 !Lawful Good Keldorn Firecam is a dedicated paladin of Torm and the superior of Ajantis ...
More definitions of "good":
- (adj): Deserving of esteem and respect.
Example: "Ruined the family's good name"
Synonyms: estimable, honorable, respectable
- (adj): Generally admired.
Example: "Good taste"
- (adj): In excellent physical condition.
Example: "Good teeth"; "I still have one good leg"
- (adj): Having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude.
Example: "A good mechanic"
Synonyms: adept, expert, practiced, proficient, skillful, skilful
- (adj): Resulting favorably.
Example: "Its a good thing that I wasn't there"; "it is good that you stayed"
- (adj): Exerting force or influence.
Example: "A warranty good for two years"
Synonyms: effective, in effect, in force
- (adj): Superior to the average.
Example: "Made good grades"; "morale was good"; "had good weather for the parade"
- (noun): That which is good or valuable or useful.
Example: "Weigh the good against the bad"
- (noun): Moral excellence or admirableness.
Example: "There is much good to be found in people"
- (adj): Appealing to the mind.
Example: "Good music"
- (adj): Morally admirable.
- (adj): Having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified.
Example: "Good news from the hospital"; "a good report card"; "when she was good she was very very good"; "a good knife is one good for cutting"; "this stump will make a good picnic table"; "a good check"; "a good joke"; "a good exterior paint"; "a good secretary"; "a good dress for the office"
- (adj): Promoting or enhancing well-being.
Example: "The experience was good for her"
- (adj): Agreeable or pleasing.
Example: "We all had a good time"; "good manners"
- (adj): Tending to promote physical well-being; beneficial to health.
Example: "A good night's sleep"
Synonyms: beneficial, salutary
- (adv): In a complete and thorough manner ('good' is sometimes used informally for 'thoroughly').
Example: "We beat him good"
Synonyms: thoroughly, soundly
- (adj): Having or showing or arising from a desire to promote the welfare or happiness of others.
- (adj): Most suitable or right for a particular purpose.
Example: "A good time to plant tomatoes"
Synonyms: right, ripe
- (noun): Benefit.
Example: "For your own good"; "what's the good of worrying?"
- (adj): Having the normally expected amount.
Example: "Gives good measure"; "a good mile from here"
- (adj): Not forged.
Example: "A good dollar bill"
- (adj): Thorough.
Example: "Had a good workout"; "gave the house a good cleaning"
- (adj): Feeling healthy and free of aches and pains.
Example: "I feel good"
- (adv): (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard ('good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for 'well').
Example: "The baby can walk pretty good"
Famous quotes containing the word good:
“Our wedding day, twenty years ago! A happy day. Darling is handsomer than she was then, with a glorious flow of friendly feeling and cheerfulness, genuine womanly character, a most affectionate mother, a good, good wife. How I love her! What a lucky man I was and am!”
—Rutherford Birchard Hayes (18221893)
“There is not any present moment that is unconnected with some future one. The life of every man is a continued chain of incidents, each link of which hangs upon the former. The transition from cause to effect, from event to event, is often carried on by secret steps, which our foresight cannot divine, and our sagacity is unable to trace. Evil may at some future period bring forth good; and good may bring forth evil, both equally unexpected.”
—Joseph Addison (16721719)