More definitions of "deposit":
- (noun): Money given as security for an article acquired for temporary use.
Example: "His deposit was refunded when he returned the car"
- (noun): A partial payment made at the time of purchase; the balance to be paid later.
Synonyms: down payment
- (noun): The natural process of laying down a deposit of something.
- (verb): Put (something somewhere) firmly.
Example: "Deposit the suitcase on the bench"
Synonyms: situate, fix, posit
- (noun): The act of putting something somewhere.
- (noun): A facility where things can be deposited for storage or safekeeping.
Synonyms: depository, repository
- (noun): Money deposited in a bank.
Synonyms: bank deposit
- (noun): A payment given as a guarantee that an obligation will be met.
- (noun): Matter deposited by some natural process.
- (verb): Put into a bank account.
Famous quotes containing the word deposit:
“A real life, a life that leaves a deposit in the shape of something alive.... Its difficult to say what makes a life a real life.... You could also say it depends on a person being identical with himself.”
—Max Frisch (19111991)
Main Site Subjects