Some articles on center:
... Likewise, the Center for Secure Information Systems is designated as a Center of Academic Excellence (CAE) as well as a Center of Academic Excellence in Research (CAE-R ... Mason's Center for History and New Media attracts more than one million visitors to its websites every month ... Mason's Center for Global Education's study abroad program has been rated highly offering dozens of programs ranging from one-week spring break programs to full year programs. ...
... Austin Peay Governors Stadium 10,000 Dunn Center 9,000 Raymond C ... Hand Park 1,000 Belmont Non-football school Curb Event Center 5,085 E ... Johnson Arena 6,500 John "Sonny" Allen Field 1,200 Murray State Roy Stewart Stadium 16,800 CFSB Center 8,825 Johnny Reagan Field Southeast Missouri State Houck Stadium 11,015 Show Me ...
... a hospital, primary and secondary school, university, sports center with a swimming pool, library, culture center, cinema, bus transport, hotels, a bank, and several museums ... The village features facilities such as a school, library, sports center, community center, swimming pool, farm and greenhouse ...
... Olympia is a regional center for fine arts ... regular season concerts at The Washington Center and two pop concerts ... The Washington Center for the Performing Arts also presents visual art exhibitions throughout the season in the spacious lobby areas ...
... Faculty Room Library Soccer Field Science Center COOP/Canteen Covered Basketball Court Math Center Computer Labs 2 ... Table Tennis Room English Center Chemistry Lab I II Volleyball ...
More definitions of "center":
- (noun): The position of the player on the line of scrimmage who puts the ball in play.
Example: "It is a center's responsibility to get the football to the quarterback"
- (noun): (basketball) the person who plays center on a basketball team.
- (noun): The middle of a military or naval formation.
Example: "They had to reinforce the center"
- (noun): A cluster of nerve cells governing a specific bodily process.
Example: "In most people the speech center is in the left hemisphere"
Synonyms: centre, nerve center, nerve centre
- (noun): (ice hockey) the person who plays center on a hockey team.
- (noun): The sweet central portion of a piece of candy that is enclosed in chocolate or some other covering.
- (noun): Politically moderate persons; centrists.
- (noun): An area that is approximately central within some larger region.
Example: "It is in the center of town"
Synonyms: centre, middle, heart, eye
- (verb): Direct one's attention on something.
Synonyms: concentrate, focus, centre, pore, rivet
- (verb): Move into the center.
- (noun): A place where some particular activity is concentrated.
- (adj): Of or belonging to neither the right nor the left politically or intellectually.
- (noun): The position on a hockey team of the player who participates in the face off at the beginning of the game.
- (noun): (football) the person who plays center on the line of scrimmage and snaps the ball to the quarterback.
Example: "The center fumbled the handoff"
- (noun): The choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience.
Synonyms: kernel, substance, core, essence, gist, heart, heart and soul, inwardness, marrow, meat, nub, pith, sum, nitty-gritty
- (noun): The object upon which interest and attention focuses.
Example: "His stories made him the center of the party"
Synonyms: center of attention
- (noun): A point equidistant from the ends of a line or the extremities of a figure.
Synonyms: centre, midpoint
- (noun): A building dedicated to a particular activity.
Example: "They were raising money to build a new center for research"
- (noun): A position on a basketball team of the player who participates in the center jump to start the game.
- (noun): Mercantile establishment consisting of a carefully landscaped complex of shops representing leading merchandisers; usually includes restaurants and a convenient parking area; a modern version of the traditional marketplace.
Synonyms: plaza, mall, shopping mall, shopping center, shopping centre
- (noun): The piece of ground in the outfield directly ahead of the catcher.
Example: "He hit the ball to deep center"
Synonyms: center field
Famous quotes containing the word center:
“Columbus stood in his age as the pioneer of progress and enlightenment. The system of universal education is in our age the most prominent and salutary feature of the spirit of enlightenment, and it is peculiarly appropriate that the schools be made by the people the center of the days demonstration. Let the national flag float over every schoolhouse in the country and the exercises be such as shall impress upon our youth the patriotic duties of American citizenship.”
—Benjamin Harrison (18331901)
“The greatest part of each day, each year, each lifetime is made up of small, seemingly insignificant moments. Those moments may be cooking dinner...relaxing on the porch with your own thoughts after the kids are in bed, playing catch with a child before dinner, speaking out against a distasteful joke, driving to the recycling center with a weeks newspapers. But they are not insignificant, especially when these moments are models for kids.”
—Barbara Coloroso (20th century)
“Whenever theres a big war coming on, you should rope off a big field. And on the big day, you should take all the kings and their cabinets and their generals, put em in the center dressed in their underpants and let them fight it out with clubs. The best country wins.”
—Maxwell Anderson (18881959)