Some articles on bow:
... golden eagle) Camping Canoeing, kayaking and rafting Fishing (trout in Bow River) Back country and front country hiking (trail include Bow River, Bow Valley ...
... Big Bow is a small unincorporated community in Stanton County, Kansas, United States ... Cities Johnson City Manter Unincorporated community Big Bow ...
... A bow echo is a term describing the characteristic radar return from a mesoscale convective system that is shaped like an archer’s bow ...
... Bow Bowing is a suburb of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia ... Bow Bowing is located 55 kilometres south-west of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of the City of Campbelltown and is part of the Macarthur region ...
... In addition to St Bartholomew's (Church of England), Bow has both a Congregational Church and a Gospel Hall (Open Brethren) ... In recent years Bow has expanded considerably to the south ... Bow has a general store, a garden centre (Bow Aquatic Centre), a doctor's surgery and one public house ...
More definitions of "bow":
- (noun): Front part of a vessel or aircraft.
Example: "He pointed the bow of the boat toward the finish line"
Synonyms: fore, prow, stem
- (verb): Bend one's knee or body, or lower one's head.
Synonyms: bow down
- (noun): A slightly curved piece of resilient wood with taut horsehair strands, used in playing certain stringed instrument.
- (noun): Curved piece of resilient wood with taut cord to propel arrows.
- (noun): A decorative interlacing of ribbons.
- (verb): Bend the head or the upper part of the body in a gesture of respect or greeting.
Example: "He bowed before the King"
- (noun): Something curved in shape.
- (noun): Bending the head or body or knee as a sign of reverence or submission or shame.
Synonyms: bowing, obeisance
- (verb): Play on a string instrument.
- (noun): A knot with two loops and loose ends; used to tie shoelaces.
- (noun): An appearance by actors or performers at the end of the concert or play in order to acknowledge the applause of the audience.
Synonyms: curtain call
Famous quotes containing the word bow:
“The wheel of fortune guide you,
The boy with the bow beside you
Run aye in the way
Till the bird of day
And the luckier lot betide you.”
—Ben Jonson (15721637)
“The worth that worthiness should move
Is love, that is the bow of Love.
And love as well the foster can
As can the mighty nobleman.
Sweet saint, tis true you worthy be,
Yet without love nought worth to me.”
—Fulke Greville (15541628)
“We are like horses who hurt themselves as soon as they pull on their bitsand we bow our heads. We even lose consciousness of the situation, we just submit. Any re-awakening of thought is then painful.”
—Simone Weil (19091943)