More definitions of "add":
- (verb): Bestow a quality on.
Synonyms: lend, impart, bestow, contribute, bring
- (verb): Make an addition (to); join or combine or unite with others; increase the quality, quantity, zise or scope of.
Example: "We added two students to that dorm room"; "She added a personal note to her letter"; "Add insult to injury"; "Add some extra plates to the dinner table"
- (verb): Determine the sum of.
Example: "Add all the people in this town to those of the neighboring town"
Synonyms: total, tot, tot up, sum, sum up, summate, tote up, add together, tally, add up
- (verb): Make an addition by combining numbers.
Example: "Add 27 and 49, please!"
Synonyms: add together
- (verb): Constitute an addition.
Example: "This paper will add to her reputation"
Main Site Subjects