Vila (, ; ; ; ) is a popular surname in Catalan, Galician, Occitan and Portuguese that means 'town'.
- Antoni Vila i Arrufat, Spanish Catalan painter and engraver
- Antoni Vila i Casas, Spanish Catalan entrepreneur
- Bob Vila (born 1946), American home improvement television show host
- Enrique Vila-Matas, Spanish Catalan writer
- Hèctor Vila, pseudonym of Pere Vilaregut, Spanish Catalan singer
- Ferran Vila Bonell (b. 1983), Andorran ski mountaineer
- Jaume Vila Mulet, Spanish Majorcan politician
- Joan Vila i Cinca, Spanish Catalan painter
- Joan Vila i Pujol, Spanish Catalan drafter and illustrator, known as D'Ivori
- Jordi Vila i Foruny, Spanish Catalan industrialist and politician
- Josep Vila i Amorós, Spanish Catalan musician
- Josep Vila Closes, Spanish Catalan painter
- Lluís Vila i d'Abadal, Spanish Catalan doctor and politician
- Maria Vila i Panadès, Spanish Catalan actress
- Patxi Vila, Spanish Basque road bicycle racer
- Ramon Vila i Capdevila, Spanish Catalan anarcho-syndicalist and maquis, better known as Cara cremada (Burned face)
- Santiago Vila i Vicente, Spanish Catalan historian and politician
- Waldo Vila Gilabert, Spanish Valencian pilota player
Read more about this topic: Vila
Other articles related to "people":
... Commissioner Satyapal Singh said "I appeal to people to remain calm and maintain law and order ... People came from across Maharashtra for his funeral including the party's strongholds of Thane, Raigad, Pune, Aurangabad and Konkan regions ... Police said that 200,000 people walked alongside the hearse and were later joined by others on the way to the cremation site ...
... The population density was 3,208.8 people per square mile (1,238.9/km²) ... The Census reported that 64,044 people (99.7% of the population) lived in households, 97 (0.2%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 93 (0.1%) were institutionalized ... The population was spread out with 15,792 people (24.6%) under the age of 18, 5,574 people (8.7%) aged 18 to 24, 13,848 people (21.6%) aged 25 to 44, 21,414 people (33.3%) aged 45 to 64, and 7,606 ...
... Further information List of people from Bitola Some notable people born in Bitola are Nikolce Noveski, footballer Karolina Gočeva, singer Hristijan Spirovski, pianist Janko Konstantinov, architect Igor Durlovski ...
... Owens Valley for water rights, is one of the most well-known examples of the lengths people will go to in order to secure adequate water supplies ... said "We've been in crisis for quite some time because we're now 38 million people and not anymore 18 million people like we were in the late 60s ...
Famous quotes containing the word people:
“Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people we personally dislike.”
—Oscar Wilde (18541900)
“Human contacts have been so highly valued in the past only because reading was not a common accomplishment.... The world, you must remember, is only just becoming literate. As reading becomes more and more habitual and widespread, an ever-increasing number of people will discover that books will give them all the pleasures of social life and none of its intolerable tedium.”
—Aldous Huxley (18941963)
“For people may not know what they think
about politics in the Balkans,
or the vexed question of men and women,
but everyone has a definite opinion
about the flavour of shredded coconut.”
—Louis Simpson (b. 1923)