- Pierce Brosnan as James Bond, MI6 agent 007.
- Jonathan Pryce as Elliot Carver, a media mogul modelled on Robert Maxwell, but analysed as a satire on Rupert Murdoch. He is completely insane and possibly even psychopathic, with scant regard for any of the lives destroyed or simply taken as a result of his media ambition.
- Michelle Yeoh as Colonel Wai Lin, a skilled Chinese spy and Bond's ally.
- Teri Hatcher as Paris Carver, a former girlfriend of Bond who is now Carver's trophy wife.
- Götz Otto as Richard Stamper, Carver's henchman, who is skilled in the art of Chakra torture.
- Ricky Jay as Henry Gupta, an American "Techno-terrorist" in the employ of Carver. Bruce Feirstein said he named this character after a Gupta Bakery, which he passed on the way to the studios.
- Joe Don Baker as Jack Wade, CIA liaison, reprising his role from GoldenEye.
- Vincent Schiavelli as Dr. Kaufman, a professional assassin used by Elliot Carver.
- Judi Dench as M, reprising her role from GoldenEye.
- Desmond Llewelyn in his penultimate appearance as Q.
- Samantha Bond as Miss Moneypenny.
- Geoffrey Palmer as Admiral Roebuck, M's contentious military contact.
- Colin Salmon as Charles Robinson, M's Chief of Staff.
- Julian Fellowes as the British Minister of Defence, who orders Admiral Roebuck to send the fleet to the China Sea. He is the successor to Sir Frederick Gray (Geoffrey Keen).
- Cecilie Thomsen as Professor Inga Bergstrom.
- Gerard Butler and Julian Rhind-Tutt as crewmen of HMS Devonshire.
- Michael Byrne as Admiral Kelly, commander of the Royal Navy task force sent to the South China Sea.
Read more about this topic: Tomorrow Never Dies
Other articles related to "cast":
... election, Republican John McCain received 58.0% of the vote here (1,415 cast), ahead of Democrat Barack Obama, who received 39.6% (967 votes), with 2,441 ballots ... Bush received 56.4% of the vote here (1,556 ballots cast), outpolling Democrat John Kerry, who received around 42.0% (1,158 votes), with 2,760 ... election, Republican Chris Christie received 57.7% of the vote here (987 ballots cast), ahead of both Democrat Jon Corzine with 32.9% (563 votes) and Independent Chris Daggett ...
... The regular cast appeared in an opening title sequence in which video head shots were arranged in a three-by-three grid, with each cast member appearing to ... Although many actors who become type-cast into the roles they played on a particular series resent this, the cast of The Brady Bunch express a contrary attitude ...
... Source-Musicals101 1947 Original Broadway cast recording (incomplete, due to recording limitations of the period some lyrics were censored) 1954 Original motion picture ...
Famous quotes containing the word cast:
“All voting is a sort of gaming, like checkers or backgammon, with a slight moral tinge to it, a playing with right and wrong, with moral questions; and betting naturally accompanies it. The character of the voters is not staked. I cast my vote, perchance, as I think right; but I am not vitally concerned that right should prevail. I am willing to leave it to the majority.”
—Henry David Thoreau (18171862)
“He cast off his friends as a huntsman his pack,
For he knew when he pleasd he could whistle them back.”
—Oliver Goldsmith (17281774)
“For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.”
—Bible: New Testament Jesus, in Mark 11:23.
Matthew 21:21 also refers to this speech.