Systems management refers to enterprise-wide administration of distributed systems including (and commonly in practice) computer systems. Systems management is strongly influenced by network management initiatives in telecommunications. The application performance management (APM) technologies are now a subset of Systems management. Maximum productivity can be achieved more efficiently through event correlation, system automation and predictive analysis which is now all part of APM.
Centralized management has a time and effort trade-off that is related to the size of the company, the expertise of the IT staff, and the amount of technology being used:
- For a small business startup with ten computers, automated centralized processes may take more time to learn how to use and implement than just doing the management work manually on each computer.
- A very large business with thousands of similar employee computers may clearly be able to save time and money, by having IT staff learn to do systems management automation.
- A small branch office of a large corporation may have access to a central IT staff, with the experience to set up automated management of the systems in the branch office, without need for local staff in the branch office to do the work.
System management may involve one or more of the following tasks:
- Hardware inventories.
- Server availability monitoring and metrics.
- Software inventory and installation.
- Anti-virus and anti-malware management.
- User's activities monitoring.
- Capacity monitoring.
- Security management.
- Storage management.
- Network capacity and utilization monitoring.
- Anti-manipulation management
Other articles related to "systems management, systems, management, system":
... Systems Management) Space Shuttle commander Administrator of NASA Gerald P ... Systems Management) William H ... Systems Management) Henry C ...
... in the development and distribution of Enterprise Systems Management (ESM) software products ... PTC was formed in 1983 to provide a range of Systems Management utilities to the users of Honeywell Bull’s large mainframe computers ... was probably one of the first job scheduling systems available anywhere ...
... KBOX Systems Management Appliance A systems management appliance that can use BITS to deliver files to Windows systems ... YouTube uploader Uses BITS Novell ZENworks Desktop Management A systems management software that can use BITS to deliver application files to workstations ...
... Distributed Management Task Force (DMTF) Alert Standard Format (ASF) Common Information Model (CIM) Desktop and mobile Architecture for System Hardware (DASH) Directory Enabled Networking (DEN) Systems Management ...
... Health systems management or health care systems management describes the leadership and general management of hospitals, hospital networks, and/or health care systems ... In international use, the term refers to management at all levels ... In the United States, management of a single institution (e.g ...
Famous quotes containing the words management and/or systems:
“This we take it is the grand characteristic of our age. By our skill in Mechanism, it has come to pass, that in the management of external things we excel all other ages; while in whatever respects the pure moral nature, in true dignity of soul and character, we are perhaps inferior to most civilised ages.”
—Thomas Carlyle (17951881)
“The geometry of landscape and situation seems to create its own systems of time, the sense of a dynamic element which is cinematising the events of the canvas, translating a posture or ceremony into dynamic terms. The greatest movie of the 20th century is the Mona Lisa, just as the greatest novel is Grays Anatomy.”
—J.G. (James Graham)