State Council may refer to:
- State Council of the Soviet Union, was the chief administrative authority of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR)
- State Council of the People's Republic of China, the chief administrative authority of the People's Republic of China
- Iowa State Council for Defense, the council that approved the official state flag of Iowa
- State Council of Ceylon, the legislative body created in colonial Ceylon (present-day Sri Lanka) under the Donoughmore Constitution
- State Council of the Russian Federation, advisory body to the President of Russia
- State Council of Imperial Russia, the supreme state advisory body to the Tsar in Imperial Russia
- State Council of Joseon, the highest organ of government under the Joseon Dynasty of Korea
- State Council of the German Democratic Republic, the highest organ of government in East Germany
- State Council of Bulgaria, the highest organ of government in Bulgaria
- State National Council, a parliament-like political body formed in the late stages of the Second World War in the Soviet Union
- State Defense Council, the military committee of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria
- State Peace and Development Council, the military regime of Myanmar
In other fields:
- New York State Council on the Arts, an arts council serving the U.S. state of New York
- Old North State Council, a local council of the Boy Scouts of America that serves the western Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina
- Seventh-day Adventist Church State Council, a non-profit organization that works to preserve and promote religious freedom
Other articles related to "state council, state":
... administrative office was originally established as the Bureau of Legislative Affairs of the state council in 1954 ... Bureau of Legislative Affairs under the State Council ... the BLA was defined as a functional institution under the oversight of the State Council ...
... State Council Research Office (Chinese 国务院研究室 pinyin Guówùyuàn Yánjiūshì) is the administrative office within the State Council of the ... It aims to improve the functions and governance of the State Council ...
... it is a state-of-the-art training center for middle and senior civil servants, senior executives and policy research fellows ... It reports directly to the State Council ... of foreign countries Training leaders of key state-owned enterprisesDeveloping master and doctoral degree education relating to the major disciplines of ...
... In 1883, Novaković became a member of the State Council (Državni Savet), only to be reassigned shortly as Minister of Interior 1884 in Milutin Garašanin's ... Obrenović, before eventually returning to a more stable State Council ... As President of State Council, 1892–1895, Novaković was a member of a foreign policy committee that was instrumental to the flourishing of Serbian ...
Famous quotes containing the words council and/or state:
“Daughter to that good Earl, once President
Of Englands Council and her Treasury,
Who lived in both, unstaind with gold or fee,
And left them both, more in himself content.
Till the sad breaking of that Parliament
Broke him, as that dishonest victory
At Chaeronea, fatal to liberty,
Killd with report that old man eloquent;”
—John Milton (16081674)
“Anything goes in Wichita. Leave your revolvers at police headquarters and get a check.”
—For the State of Kansas, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)