Shi'a regarded this group as people who opposed Ahl al-Kisa or friends of Ahl al-Kisa.
- Abu Sufyan ibn Harb for he was Muhammads arch enemy and Muawiya's father.
- Muaviya ibn Abu Sufyan cursed Imam Ali, deceived the shia during the arbitration after Siffin, caused further division among the Muslims, had non Muslim advisers, and is responsible for poisoning Imam Hassan.
- Abu Bakr ibn abu Qahafa with Umars help supposedly he usurped Ali's caliphate.
- Umar ibn al-Khattab Regarded as an unholy and ignorant usurper and illegitimate leader, and according to shia he killed Fatima bintu Muhammad; see his main Wikipedia entry for partial further details of the Shia view (and the sharply contrasting Sunni view).
- Uthman ibn Affan is a from the family of Ummayad. He allowed Muawiyah expand his power in Syria.
- Khalid ibn al-Walid he is believed to have forced Imam Ali (as) to give bayah to Abu Bakr.
- Amr ibn al-As aided Muawiya during the Battle of Siffin and on his order poisoned Malik ibn Ashter.
- Marwan ibn al-Hakam cursed and oppressed the Ahlul Bayt, prevented the 2nd imam from being buried beside his grandfather, and usurped leadership after Muawiyah bin Yazid killed his commander Talha.
- Anas ibn Malik was famous for his disillusionment towards Ali
- Abdullah ibn Umar contradicted his father regarding temporary marriage and also other of his misunderstandings, did not give oath of allegiance to Ali.After Mauwiyah' death He also gave his oath of allegiance to Yazid.
- Abd-Allah ibn Aamir Hadhrami was assigned as governor by Uthman.
- Ziyad ibn Abu Sufyan father of Ubayd-Allah ibn Ziyad, the man that killed Muslim ibn Aqeel
Other articles related to "hypocrites":
... contains instructions regarding treatment of the Prophet and his wives and warns the hypocrites of their bad behavior ... believers and Muhammad since he was dealing with hypocrites and betrayers in Medina, who spread lies, deserted the army during the battle, or supported the ... Verses 9-27 are concerned with the believers and hypocrites' reactions to the Battle of the trench (or sometimes known as the Battle of the Ditch) ...
... A primary problem the Muslims encountered were hypocrites who had superficially accepted Islam while simultaneously plotting against the Muslim community ... of Hudhayfah's ability to keep a secret, Muhammad told him the names of the hypocrites, a trust not bestowed upon others ... The hypocrites, because their secrecy and intimate knowledge of the developments and plans of the Muslims, presented a greater threat to the community than ...
... when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men ... do merciful deeds, don’t sound a trumpet before yourself, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may get glory from men ... see BibRef Matthew 62 In this verse Jesus condemns the hypocrites who give to charity for their own glory rather than for pious reasons ...
... During 1914, Weber made her first major feature, a controversial version of Hypocrites, a four-reel allegorical drama shot at Universal City that she wrote ... Hypocrites included the first film full-frontal female nudity, inspired by Jules Joseph Lefebvre's 1870 allegorical painting La Vérité, with truth portrayed in the ghostly ... Hypocrites was released finally by Bosworth on January 15, 1915, and premiered at Manhattan's prestigious Longacre Theatre, and was "celebrated as a cultural, artistic, and moral landmark for ...
... the Bible the text reads And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men ... you pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men ... of other versions see BibRef Matthew 65 In this verse Jesus condemns as hypocrites those who make an ostentatious display of praying ...
Famous quotes containing the word hypocrites:
“Of all the cants which are canted in this canting worldthough the cant of hypocrites may be the worstthe cant of criticism is the most tormenting!”
—Laurence Sterne (17131768)
“Common hypocrites pass themselves off as doves; political and literary hypocrites pose as eagles. But dont be fooled by their eagle-like appearance. These are not eagles, but rats or dogs.”
—Anton Pavlovich Chekhov (18601904)
“We are not hypocrites in our sleep.”
—William Hazlitt (17781830)