- Birch rod, made out of twigs from birch or other trees for corporal punishment
- Connecting rod, in an internal combustion engine
- Divining rod, two rods believed by some to find water in a practice known as dowsing
- Slang for firearm
- Fishing rod, a tool used to catch fish
- Lightning rod, a conductor on top of a building to protect the building in the event of lightning
- Measuring rod, a kind of ruler
- Switch (corporal punishment), a piece of wood as used as a staff or for corporal punishment, or a bundle of such switches
- Control rod, used to control the rate of fission in a nuclear reactor
Read more about this topic: Rod
Other articles related to "devices, device":
... Eagle Electric Manufacturing Company, founded 1920, was a maker of electrical devices, switches and circuit units based in Long Island City, New York, in the borough of Queens ... Cooper Industries to form Cooper Wiring Devices, Inc ... Cooper Wiring Devices is now based in Peachtree City, Georgia ...
... series to power an LED (see illustration) or other devices ... The series connection increases the voltage available to devices ... and Morgan have published a list of low-voltage devices along with the corresponding number of lemon cells that were needed to power them they included LEDs ...
... The KG-84A and KG-84C are encryption devices developed by the U.S ... The KG-84C is a Dedicated Loop Encryption Device (DLED), and both devices are General-Purpose Telegraph Encryption Equipment (GPTEE) ... The KG-84A and KG-84C are devices that operate in simplex, half-duplex, or full-duplex modes ...
... of human performance and preferences with different input devices to computer systems ... ISBN 0-521-36553-8 Basic computer components Input devices Keyboard Image scanner Microphone Pointing device Graphics tablet Joystick Light pen Mouse Pointing stick Touchpad Touchscreen Trackball ...
... Roomba Discovery, a robotic vacuuming device Discovery (synth), a VSTi software synthesizer by discoDSP ...
Famous quotes containing the word devices:
“The gods being always close to men perceive those who afflict others with unjust devices and do not fear the wrath of heaven.”
—Hesiod (c. 8th century B.C.)
“So that with much ado I was corrupted, and made to learn the dirty devices of this world.
Which now I unlearn, and become, as it were, a little child again that I may enter into the Kingdom of God.”
—Thomas Traherne (16361674)
“Soon silence will have passed into legend. Man has turned his back on silence. Day after day he invents machines and devices that increase noise and distract humanity from the essence of life, contemplation, meditation.... Tooting, howling, screeching, booming, crashing, whistling, grinding, and trilling bolster his ego. His anxiety subsides. His inhuman void spreads monstrously like a gray vegetation.”
—Jean Arp (18871948)