Rising may refer to:
In art and media:
- Rising (novel), the last novel of R. C. Hutchinson
- The following albums:
- Rising (Rainbow album)
- Rising (Donovan album)
- Rising (Yoko Ono album)
- Rising (Seraphim album)
- Rising (Stuck Mojo album)
- Rising (Great White album)
- Rising (The Go Set album)
- "Rising" (Stargate Atlantis), the series premiere of the science fiction television program Stargate Atlantis
- "Rising" (Dark Angel), an episode of the television series Dark Angel
- The Rising (9-11 memorial), a Westchester County, New York memorial to the victims of the September 11 attacks.
- Metal Gear Solid Rising, a video game in the Metal Gear series
- Rising, a Chinese anti-virus company
- Rising, a stage in baking (see Proofing (baking technique))
- Rising City, Nebraska, a village in Nebraska, USA
- Rising, the flow of water to the surface from underground (see spring (hydrosphere))
- Rising, a synonym for uprising or rebellion
- The 1916 Easter Rising in Dublin, Irish Rebellion
Other articles related to "rising":
... The Rising" also debuted Springsteen's collaboration with producer Brendan O'Brien, who gave Springsteen a somewhat more modern-sounding feel than did ... Although "The Rising" was not a pop hit, peaking at only #52 on the Billboard Hot 100, it achieved significant radio airplay early on and kept it in some ... "The Rising" was included on both of Springsteen's subsequent compilation albums, 2003's The Essential Bruce Springsteen and 2009's Wal-Mart-only Greatest Hits ...
... "Anger Rising" is a song by American hard rock musician Jerry Cantrell ... "Anger Rising" begins with a choir-like, non-lexical vocal harmony over acoustic guitar ... a guest appearance playing slide guitar on "Anger Rising." DeGarmo had previously performed on tour with Cantrell in promotion of his 1998 album, Boggy Depot ...
... Percival Sumner "Pop" Rising (January 24, 1877 – January 28, 1938) was an American right fielder in Major League Baseball who played briefly for the Boston Americans during the 1905 season ... Rising was born in Industry, Pennsylvania ... In an 11-game career, Rising was a.103 hitter (3-for-29) with two runs, two RBI, one double and one triple without home runs ...
... "The Rising" was performed by Springsteen and the E Street Band on all promotional television appearances surrounding the album's release ... It was then the "keynote song" throughout The Rising Tour of 2002-2003 ... In its live arrangement "The Rising" underwent two significant changes the oscillating violin and keyboards line that is understated on the record became much more ...
Famous quotes containing the word rising:
“Americans are notorious for looking to their children for approval. How our children turn out and what they think of us has become the final judgment on our lives. . . . We imagine that the rising generation is rendering historys verdict on us. We may resent children simply because we expect a harsh judgment from them.”
—C. John Sommerville (20th century)
“The rising power of the United States in world affairs ... requires, not a more compliant press, but a relentless barrage of facts and criticism.... Our job in this age, as I see it, is not to serve as cheerleaders for our side in the present world struggle but to help the largest possible number of people to see the realities of the changing and convulsive world in which American policy must operate.”
—James Reston (b. 1909)
“Over the tree-tops I float thee a song,
Over the rising and sinking waves, over the myriad fields and the
Over the dense-packed cities all and the teeming wharves and ways,
I float this carol with joy, with joy to thee, O death,”
—Walt Whitman (18191892)