Recognition may refer to:
- Recall (memory)
- Award, recognition of a piece of work
- Diplomatic recognition, acceptance of the sovereign status of a political entity by other sovereign governments
- Intra-species recognition
- Antigen recognition, in immunology
- Molecular recognition
- Recognition (parliamentary procedure), the assignment of the floor
- Recognition (sociology), an acknowledgement of merits
- Recognition (tax), an income tax concept
- Revenue recognition
- Legal recognition, recognition of a legal right in a jurisdiction, such as the right to practice a profession such as medicine with a recognised professional qualification
- Rule of Recognition
- Legal recognition of sign languages
- Same-sex marriage#Legal recognition
- Gender Recognition Act 2004
- Recognition of same-sex unions in Brazil
- Recognition of same-sex unions in Estonia
- Recognition of same-sex unions in Florida
- Recognition of same-sex unions in Russia
- Recognition of same-sex unions in Serbia
- Recognition of same-sex unions in Slovakia
- Recognition of marital rape in Pakistani law
Other articles related to "recognition":
... diplomatic recognition of Haiti ... Haiti had sought recognition since winning independence in 1804, but faced opposition from Southern Senators ...
... The recognition heuristic has been used as a model in the psychology of judgment and decision making and as a heuristic in artificial intelligence ... Although the recognition heuristic predicts that participants would judge the actual (recognizable) cities to be larger, participants judged the fictional (unrecognizable ... Richter Späth tests the non-compensatory prediction of the recognition heuristic and states that "recognition information is not used in an all-or-none ...
... has apparently obtained some sort of recognition from some smaller states.. ... Claims that the DoM has received recognition from any major government are purely lies." ...
... Bambaataa organized the very first European hip hop tour ... Along with himself were rapper and graffiti artist Rammellzee, Zulu Nation DJ Grand Mixer DXT (formerly Grand Mixer D.St), B-boy and B-girl crews the Rock Steady Crew, and the Double Dutch Girls, as well as legendary graffiti artists Fab 5 Freddy, PHASE 2, Futura 2000, and Dondi ...
... law, when a government is recognized by another government, recognition is retroactive in effect, and validates all the actions and conduct of the government so recognized from the commencement of its ... In practice, they usually make no formal declarations regarding recognition ... He cites several examples including a memorandum on US recognition policy and practice, dated 25 September 1981, which said that recognition would be implied by the US ...
Famous quotes containing the word recognition:
“The person who designed a robot that could act and think as well as your four-year-old would deserve a Nobel Prize. But there is no public recognition for bringing up several truly human beings.”
—C. John Sommerville (20th century)
“American feminists have generally stressed the ways in which men and women should be equal and have therefore tried to put aside differences.... Social feminists [in Europe] ... believe that men and society at large should provide systematic support to women in recognition of their dual role as mothers and workers.”
—Sylvia Ann Hewitt (20th century)
“Tragedy, as you know, is always a fait accompli, whereas terror always has to do with anticipation, with mans recognition of his own negative potentialwith his sense of what he is capable of.”
—Joseph Brodsky (b. 1940)