- John Conard (1773–1857) served in the U.S. House of Representatives and settled near Port Deposit for 1834-1851 after retiring from politics.
- Jacob Tome
- Joseph Irwin France (1873 – 1939) taught at the Tome School in Port Deposit for a period and later was a United States Senator(1917–1923).
- John A. J. Creswell (born 1828 in Port Deposit) was a United States Senator (1865–1867) and United States Postmaster General (1869 and 1874).
- James Devereux (1903 – 1988), who attended the Tome School, was a Marine General during the defense of Wake Island in December 1941 and later served in the United States House of Representatives (1951–1959).
- Admiral Frank B. Kelso II (1933 - ), who later became Chief of Naval Operations, served as Commanding Officer, U.S. Naval Nuclear Power School at the nearby U.S. Naval Training Center Bainbridge from 1969-1971.
Read more about this topic: Port Deposit, Maryland
Famous quotes containing the words residents and/or famous:
“Most of the folktales dealing with the Indians are lurid and romantic. The story of the Indian lovers who were refused permission to wed and committed suicide is common to many places. Local residents point out cliffs where Indian maidens leaped to their death until it would seem that the first duty of all Indian girls was to jump off cliffs.”
—For the State of Iowa, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)
“The [Loyal] legion has taken the place of the clubthe famous Cincinnati Literary Clubin my affections.... The military circles are interested in the same things with myself, and so we endure, if not enjoy, each other.”
—Rutherford Birchard Hayes (18221893)