These Patriarchs are not part of traditional ecclesiastical communions of either the Eastern or the Catholic variety. Their sects were generally initiated since about 1900 and reject many of the teachings of traditional apostolic Christian faith, for example by allowing women to attempt ordination or by allowing priests to marry after ordination.
- The Patriarch of the Catholic Apostolic National Church of Brazil.
- The Patriarch of the International Communion of the Charismatic Episcopal Church.
- The Patriarch of the Apostolic Catholic Church.
- The Patriarch of the Catholic Apostolic Church of Antioch.
- The Patriarch of the American Orthodox Catholic Church.
- The Patriarch of the Assembly of Jerusalem.
Read more about this topic: Patriarch
Famous quotes containing the words patriarchs and/or independent:
“Like many another romance, the romance of the family turns sour when the money runs out. If we really cared about families, we would not let born again patriarchs send up moral abstractions as a smokescreen for the scandal of American family economics.”
—Letty Cottin Pogrebin (20th century)
“I have an intense personal interest in making the use of American capital in the development of China an instrument for the promotion of the welfare of China, and an increase in her material prosperity without entanglements or creating embarrassment affecting the growth of her independent political power, and the preservation of her territorial integrity.”
—William Howard Taft (18571930)