Names of Nests
- A badger's nest is called a sett.
- An eagle's nest is called an eyrie.
- A squirrel's or ringtail possum's nest is called a drey.
- A hare's nest is called a form.
- A beaver's nest is called a lodge.
- A pheasant's nest is called a nide.
- A wasp's nest is called a vespiary.
Read more about this topic: Nest
Famous quotes containing the words names of, nests and/or names:
“Ideas about life organize perception; names of emotions organize sensations; rules of syntax organize thought. But pain comes on its own.”
—Mason Cooley (b. 1927)
“Some critics are like chimneysweepers; they put out the fire below, and frighten the swallows from the nests above; they scrape a long time in the chimney, cover themselves with soot, and bring nothing away but a bag of cinders, and then sing out from the top of the house, as if they had built it.”
—Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (18071882)
“If marriages were made by putting all the mens names into one sack and the womens names into another, and having them taken out by a blindfolded child like lottery numbers, there would be just as high a percentage of happy marriages as we have here in England.... If you can tell me of any trustworthy method of selecting a wife, I shall be happy to make use of it.”
—George Bernard Shaw (18561950)