Modern School can refer to:
- The name of a few schools in India: Modern School (New Delhi), Modern School, Lucknow, and Modern School, Nagpur
- Secondary modern school, a type of secondary school that existed in Great Britain from 1944 until the early 1970s
- Modern School Movement (Mouvement de l'École moderne), an international education movement started in France and based on the ideas of educator Célestin Freinet
- Escuela Moderna, Spanish for "modern school", the first school begun by educator and anarchist Ferrer i Guàrdia, in Spain
- Modern School (United States), a movement of American education based on the ideas of Ferrer i Guàrdia
- The Modern School, a U.S.-based publication related to the Ferrer i Guàrdia Modern School movement
Other articles related to "schools, school, modern school, modern":
... There are several Arabic schools (Modrassah)in the town and many Iwo indigenes usually have a taste of this along with the secular schools ... The popular Modrassah include Islahudeen Arabic School, Obatedo, founded by late Sheikh Abdulbaaqi Muhammad in the early 60s.Amin Trining Center ... branch in the central city established a primary school of own correspondingly named after the branch Aipate Baptist Day School, Olukotu Baptist Day School ...
... Modern School Old Students Association, or MSOSA works to bring together old Modernites ... The Trust supports a Scholarship Programme under which free education in Modern School is provided to meritorious and needy students from the under-privileged sections of society ... Currently, 18 students are studying in Modern School, Barakhamba Road under this program ...
... The Modern School has four house named on the biggest leaders of the world Yellow colour - Geeta house Green colour - Socrates house Blue colour - Krishnamurthy house Red ...
... The Modern School Movement or Mouvement de l'École Moderne, based on the practices of the Freinets, has become an international network of educators and schools ... In 1957, the International Federation of Modern School Movements (FIMEM) was founded to organize national groups around the world ...
... On September 1, 2006 the school was awarded Specialist status for Sports and Modern Foreign Languages ... an associated increase in funding, the school has built many new facilities including a multipurpose games area (MUGA), a new library and a new private study area ... In 2011 the school also received a sports bursary, with which it used to construct a climbing wall in the gym ...
Famous quotes containing the words school and/or modern:
“School days, school days; dear old golden rule days.
Readin and ritin and rithmetic; taught to the tune of a hickry stick.”
—Will D. Cobb (18761930)
“The medieval university looked backwards; it professed to be a storehouse of old knowledge.... The modern university looks forward, and is a factory of new knowledge.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley (18251895)