Minogue /mɪˈnoʊɡ/ is an Irish surname derived from the Irish word for a "monk". This surname is an anglicized form of the Old Gaelic Ó Muineóg. The Gaelic prefix "O" indicates "male descendant of", plus the personal byname Muineog, believed to be a diminutive of "Manach", 'monk'. Sept originated in East County Clare and the townland of Ballyminogue in the parish of Tuamgraney marks the centre of its location. Linked to the name Mannix from "Manach".
Famous people bearing the surname include:
- Aine Minogue, A traditional Irish musician and harpist from County Tipperary, Ireland
- Craig Minogue, Australian murderer, convicted for the 1986 bombing of the Russell Street Police Headquarters;
- Dan Minogue, Australian rules footballer
- Daniel Minogue, Australian politician
- Dannii Minogue, Australian singer-songwriter, television personality and occasional actress, model and fashion designer
- Dennis Minogue (Cashman), lead singer of 1960s Omaha, Nebraska surf band The Chevrons
- Kenneth Minogue, Emeritus Professor of Political Science at the London School of Economics
- Kylie Minogue (born 1968), Australian singer, songwriter and actress
- Mike Minogue New Zealand politician
Other articles related to "minogue":
... In the early 2000s, Picchiotti collaborated with pop superstar Kylie Minogue on two tracks "Butterfly" and "Give It to Me" ... "Butterfly" originally appeared on Minogue's 2000 album, Light Years, then appeared as a bonus track on her multi-platinum 2002 album, Fever ... "Give It to Me" appeared on Minogue's Fever album and was co-written and produced by Picchiotti ...
... Will Young assisted Cole in Marrakech, Morocco, Minogue had help from her sister Kylie Minogue in Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai, Boyzone singer Ronan Keating helped Walsh near Lake Como in Italy, and ... Over 25s Los Angeles Sinitta Treyc Cohen, Nicole Lawrence, Daniel Pearce Minogue Girls Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai Kylie Minogue Nicole Jackson, Stacey McClean, Despina ...
... The Early Years is a compilation album by Australian dance-pop singer Dannii Minogue ... It has album tracks from Minogue's first two albums, released and unreleased versions ...
... success of her previous album Neon Nights, Minogue was asked by All Around the World Records, a major dance label, if she would write the lyrics to a ... Minogue agreed and wrote the lyrics to the song that would soon become "You Won't Forget About Me" ... About writing lyrics for the song Minogue said "I'd heard it without vocals and I thought, 'Fantastic' ...