- A shift in the routing of Morgan Ave/SC 41 Business during the construction of the US 521 Bypass left an unused portion of roadway near the location of the current route. The signs signifying a sharper curve can still be seen.
- Ramp stubs exist where U.S. Route 17 formerly connected to the southern end of Interstate 26. The ramps connected to the John P. Grace Memorial Bridge and the Silas N. Pearman Bridge over the Cooper River. When the bridges were replaced by the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge in 2005, the old roadways were demolished, and a new interchange was built north of the terminus of I-26.
- At the Southern Terminus of the Mark Clark Expressway and the Southern Terminus of the James Island Connector Expressway, there are stubs of grading and/or overpass. The two termini will be linked to form an extended Mark Clark Expressway.
- The South Carolina State Route 277/I. DeQuincey Newman Freeway was originally planned to continue through downtown to Interstate 126 and be numbered Interstate 277. Following its completion as far as South Carolina State Route 16/Sunset Drive, construction was put on hold due to neighborhood opposition along its proposed routing. The extension was eventually cancelled in the 1980s, and the Bull Street spur was completed in the 1990s, which was supposed to be just an exit. The part of the right-of-way already acquired by South Carolina Department of Transportation was returned to the city in 2001.
- The former Lafayette Bridge can be found at . When the new bridges were built in the 1960s, the old bridges were decommissioned. The Lafayette Bridge was left standing for use as a fishing pier. However, the roads that carried US 17 to the bridges can still be seen on all sides of the Black and PeeDee Rivers.
- The stubs of the bridge that once carried US17/Frasier Street across the Sampit River can be found at .
- The Carolina Bays Parkway southern terminus at SC 544 has a graded area that extends past the cloverleaf interchange. This will become part of an extension to US 17 via SC 707 in Socastee. The northern terminus at SC 9, though it does not have a stub, will eventually be extended to the NC state line. The entire route will eventually become part of I-74.
- During the construction of a SPUI on US 17 at the back gate of the former Myrtle Beach Air Force Base, the mainlines of US 17 will become stubs as a ramp is constructed.
- A piece of stub grading which was once a road that connected US 17 to the Myrtle Beach International Airport can be found at . The road was removed during the construction of the Grand Strand Mall and is currently used as a barrier between two retention ponds.
- The U.S. Route 301/U.S. Route 15 bridge over Lake Marion is closed to traffic because of unstable foundations and is now used as a fishing pier.
Other articles related to "south carolina":
... The movie was filmed entirely on location in South Carolina, including Charleston, Rock Hill - for many of the battle scenes, and Lowrys - for the farm of Benjamin Martin, as well as nearby Fort Lawn ... Middleton Place in Charleston, South Carolina, at the Cistern Yard on the campus of College of Charleston, and Hightower Hall and Homestead House at Brattonsville, South Carolina, along with ...
... north-central section of the Piedmont of South Carolina near Charlotte ... Climate data for Rock Hill, South Carolina Month Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Year Average high °F (°C) 53 (12) 58 (14) 66 (19) 75 (24) 81 (27) 88 (31) 91 (33) 90 (32) 83 (28) 74 (23) 65 (18 ...
... article was transferred from the University of South Carolina article which pertains only to the Columbia campus, since the Board of Trustees governs the whole system ... The Board of Trustees is a body created by the state of South Carolina responsible for the maintenance and operation of the university, including the University of South Carolina System ... Assembly on December 19, 1801 for the foundation of South Carolina College ...
... Driving Under the Influence South Carolina is the only state in the nation with mandatory videotaping by the arresting officer of the DUI arrest and breath test ... Fire Safety Regulations South Carolina is the only state that allows fire officials to sidestep a federal regulation requiring that for every employee doing hazardous work inside a building, one must be outside ... School Buses South Carolina is the only state in the nation that owns and operates its own school bus fleet ...
... Trustees is composed of the following twenty members Governor of South Carolina, ex officio Chairman of the Board may appoint a designee in his stead South Carolina State ... faculty and personnel Additionally, according to the Code of Laws of South Carolina (1976), Section 59-117-100, the board of trustees are tasked with ensuring that the President of the University is not an atheist ...
Famous quotes related to south carolina:
“During Prohibition days, when South Carolina was actively advertising the iodine content of its vegetables, the Hell Hole brand of liquid corn was notorious with its waggish slogan: Not a Goiter in a Gallon.”
—Administration in the State of Sout, U.S. public relief program (1935-1943)