John Allan may refer to:
- John Allan (Canadian politician) (1856–1922), Canadian politician, member for Hamilton West, 1914–1919
- John Allan (colonel) (1746–1805), participant in the American Revolutionary War in the Massachusetts Militia
- John Allan (Australian politician) (1866–1936), Premier of Victoria, 1924–1927
- John Allan (Australian footballer) (1882–?), Australian rules footballer for Collingwood
- John Allan (footballer born 1866), footballer for Queen's Park and Scotland
- John Allan (footballer born 1872) (1872–?), footballer for Derby County and Notts County
- John Allan (footballer born 1890), footballer for Everton, Leeds City and Coventry City
- John Aitken Allan (1897–1979), New Zealand Presbyterian minister and professor of theology
- John Anthony Allan (born 1937), British geographer
- John Allan (rugby union, 1905), Scottish rugby union player
- John Allan (rugby union, 1934), Scottish rugby union player
- John Allan (rugby union, 1963), Scottish and South African rugby union player
- John Beresford Allan (1841–1927), politician in Manitoba, Canada
Read more about John Allan: See Also
Other articles related to "john allan, john, allan":
... Moldavia, the Richmond home of Poe's foster-father John Allan ... the story therapeutic in it, he destroys "John Allan", though he is also destroyed in return ...
... The John Allan Cameron Show was a Canadian television variety series produced by CBC Television in Halifax from 1979 to 1980, with repeat episodes airing until 1982 ... the second national television series featuring host John Allan Cameron (1938–2006) ... His previous series, John Allan Cameron, was broadcast on private network CTV in 1975 and 1976 ...
... John Allen (disambiguation) Jonny Allan (born 1983), English footballer John Allan Auld (1853–1924), Ontario newspaperman and political figure John Allan Broun (1817–1879 ...
... Howard would only allow Poe to be discharged if he reconciled with John Allan and wrote a letter to Allan, who was unsympathetic ... Several months passed and pleas to Allan were ignored Allan may not have written to Poe even to make him aware of his foster mother's illness ... Frances Allan died on February 28, 1829, and Poe visited the day after her burial ...
Famous quotes containing the words allan and/or john:
“As the strong man exults in his physical ability, delighting in such exercises as call his muscles into action, so glories the analyst in that moral activity which disentangles.”
—Edgar Allan Poe (18091845)
“Love-light of Spainhurrah!
Death-light of Africa!
Don John of Austria
Is riding to the sea.”
—Gilbert Keith Chesterton (18741936)