- In 1984, the song was first covered by Philadelphia saxophonist George Howard in his album Steppin' Out.
- In 1985, American jazz artist Miles Davis included a cover version of the song on his album You're Under Arrest. At the time, Rolling Stone described the track's inclusion on the album as "glorified filler". The Seattle Post-Intelligencer disagreed, stating it was "particularly good".
- In 2003, Brass band Youngblood Brass Band (from Oregon, Wisconsin, U.S.) recorded a Riot Jazz version of the song under the name "Human Nature Pt. 2" on their album Center:Level:Roar.
- In 2003, jazz fusion/contemporary jazz pianist David Benoit covered the song from his renditions album "Heroes."
- In 2004, Boyz II Men included a Latin-style cover of the song on their Throwback, Vol. 1 album.
- Claudette Ortiz provided backing vocals on the track.
- In 2004, Filipina Pop singer Kyla covered the song from her album, Not Your Ordinary Girl.
- In 2004, Nashville singer-songwriter David Mead also recorded a version of "Human Nature" for his release, Indiana, which featured Butterfly Boucher.
- In 2009, on July 7 John Mayer performed an instrumental version of the song at Jackson's public memorial service.
- In 2009, July Mario (entertainer) covered the song in memory of Micheal Jackson
- In 2009 Chillwave artist Toro Y Moi recorded a cover of "Human Nature" for a Michael Jackson tribute album titled Chum Onah that was released for free on the music blog, ButterXFace.
- In 2010, Jazz pianist Vijay Iyer included a solo piano version of the song in his album Solo; in 2012, he included a trio version of it in his album Accelerando.
- In 2010, Brazilian star Ivete Sangalo recorded the song for their DVD live at Madison Square Garden.
- In 2010, Heather Peace covered the song on her acoustic album This Is Me.
- In 2010, singer Craig David sang an acoustic cover of the song.
- In 2011, Toto (whose band members wrote the song) performed the song in memory of Michael Jackson and a dedication to Mike Porcaro during their 2011 tour. Joseph Williams was the lead vocalist. Toto continued to perform this as a cover in their 2012 tour.
- In 2011, at the induction of John Bettis into the Songwriter's Hall of Fame, Skylar Grey performed the song using a lap dulcimer.
- In 2012, Amber Riley and Chord Overstreet (who play Mercedes Jones and Sam Evans) covered this song in Glee's episode "Michael" (aired on January 31). This cover debuted and peaked at Number 56 at Billboard Hot 100, Number 31 at Billboard Digital Songs, and Number 62 at Billboard Canadian Hot 100 chart at the week of February 18, 2012.
Read more about this topic: Human Nature (Michael Jackson Song)
Other articles related to "cover versions, version":
... The album featured both cover versions of other country songs and newer songs written by Bill Anderson ... It included cover versions of songs by such artists as Jim Reeves, Webb Pierce, and Ray Price ... albums featured full orchestras in the background and cover versions of singles by pop artists of the time ...
... A remixed version of the song was used as the theme song for the popular television series CSI NY ... The live version of the song, taken from the album Who's Last, was used in one episode of Miami Vice ("Out Where the Buses Don't Run") ... An instrumental version of the song was used in the teaser trailer for the film Resident Evil Retribution ...
Famous quotes containing the words versions and/or cover:
“The assumption must be that those who can see value only in tradition, or versions of it, deny mans ability to adapt to changing circumstances.”
—Stephen Bayley (b. 1951)
“If I use the media, even with tricks, to publicise a black youth being shot in the back in Teaneck, New Jersey ... then I should be praised for it, and its more of a comment on them than me that it would take tricks to make them cover the loss of life.”
—Al, Rev. Sharpton (b. 1954)