Hind may refer to:
- A female deer, especially a red deer
- Hind and al-Hind, a Persian and Arabic name for India
- Hindi, the most widely spoken language in India
- Hindu, a follower of Hinduism
- Hind (crater), a lunar impact crater
- Hind (video game), a helicopter game simulation by Digital Integration
- Hawker Hind, a Royal Air Force light-bomber of the inter-war years
- Mil Mi-24, a helicopter, codenamed the "Hind" by NATO
Other articles related to "hind":
... Arthur Hind (industrialist) (1856–1933), American industrialist and philatelist Arthur Charles Hind, Indian field hockey player Ella Cora Hind (1861–1942), Canadian journalist Henry Youle Hind (1823 ...
... even the most fearsome opponents, so Eurystheus decided to make him capture the Ceryneian Hind, as it was so fast it could outrun an arrow ... the search, Hercules awoke from sleeping and he could see the hind from the glint on its antlers ... Hercules then chased the hind on foot for a full year through Greece, Thrace, Istria and the land of the Hyperboreans ...
... Stride Transverse Rotatory Footfall 1 Left hind Right hind Footfall 2 Right hind Left hind Suspension (in some animals) Footfall 3 Left fore Left fore Footfall 4 Right fore Right fore ...
... was the second highest military decoration by the awarded by the Azad Hind Government ... Mann was also awarded the Vir-e-Hind medal ... Sher-e-Hind Indian National Army Indische Legion ...
Famous quotes containing the word hind:
“When people generally are aware of a problem, it can be said to have entered the public consciousness. When people get on their hind legs and holler, the problem has not only entered the public consciousnessit has also become a part of the public conscience. At that point, things in our democracy begin to hum.”
—Hubert H. Humphrey (19111978)
“The hind that would be mated by the lion
Must die for love.”
—William Shakespeare (15641616)