- When Tony tells Carmela to disinvite Ralphie and Ro for Thanksgiving Dinner, he references The Jetsons, stating Ralph's not going to Mr. Spacely's house for dinner.
- Silvio warns Tony that Ralph is the type to pull a "Jack Ruby" on you, referring to the song, "Jack Ruby", from Camper Van Beethoven's 1989 Key Lime Pie album. In the song, Ruby is described as "...the kind of man who beats his horses or the dancers who work at a bar."
- When Jackie Junior comes into Ro's kitchen, Ralph greets him, "Hey, Fabian!"
- The deaths of Elvis Presley and Don Simpson. At the funeral of Gigi Cestone (who dies of heart failure while on the toilet), all are in agreement that Gigi's death, while natural, was arguably one of the most embarrassing ways to go. Anthony Soprano states that it's "..how Elvis went." Silvio Dante mistakenly replies, "That guy in Hollywood, too. 'Don' something. Producer of The Simpsons."
- Tony references Sun Tzu's The Art of War on a couple of occasions.
Read more about this topic: He Is Risen (The Sopranos)
Other articles related to "media, references":
... is reflected in its numerous mentions in popular media ... References to the show appear in films such as Austin Powers Goldmember, where Dr ... the urge to laugh in her face, but now, by gum, I think she may have been on to something!" References in television series include Pushing Daisies where ...
Famous quotes containing the word media:
“The question confronting the Church today is not any longer whether the man in the street can grasp a religious message, but how to employ the communications media so as to let him have the full impact of the Gospel message.”
—Pope John Paul II (b. 1920)