- 1969, Collins Crime Club (London), November 1969, Hardback, 256 pp
- 1969, Dodd Mead and Company (New York), 1969, Hardback, 248 pp
- 1970, Pocket Books (New York), Paperback, 185 pp
- 1972, Fontana Books (Imprint of HarperCollins), Paperback, 189 pp
- 1987, Ulverscroft Large-print Edition, Hardcover, ISBN 0-7089-1666-X
- 2009, HarperCollins; Facsimile edition, Hardcover: 256 pages, ISBN 978-0-00-731462-1
The novel was first serialised in the weekly magazine Woman's Own in seven abridged instalments from November 15 to December 27, 1969, illustrated with uncredited photographic montages.
In the US, the novel appeared in the December 1969 issue of Cosmopolitan magazine.
Other articles related to "publication history, history":
... II Trilogy, The War of the Lance, is built around the history of Krynn during the War of the Lance ... Adventures sourcebook details the major events of Krynn's past, and the history of the War of the Lance is given in great detail on all the battles and political machinations of the world-shaping conflict ...
... In the US, the novel appeared in the December 1969 issue of Cosmopolitan magazine. ...
Famous quotes containing the words history and/or publication:
“The history of this country was made largely by people who wanted to be left alone. Those who could not thrive when left to themselves never felt at ease in America.”
—Eric Hoffer (19021983)
“Of all human events, perhaps, the publication of a first volume of verses is the most insignificant; but though a matter of no moment to the world, it is still of some concern to the author.”
—Herman Melville (18191891)